Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
33 degrees when I rode to work this morning. Complete with dew and frost on the road. I think I'm going to need some outriggers soon.:(

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am with you Birdman. It was 30 degrees here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains this morning as well. I rode 30 miles with the Electric vest, Aerostich and Polar fleece on. The only problem was frost on the insdie of my face shield.

Rick
NCVFR

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Birdman said:
33 degrees when I rode to work this morning. Complete with dew and frost on the road. I think I'm going to need some outriggers soon.:(
I empathize with you, James. It's been down into the 30's here the last few days. My riding season has ended. I need to do engine work and my tires are all but gone (the centers are great, any "straight-line" weinies interested?).

I've already begun to strip it down to change colors, get new wheels, aftermarket stuff...blah, blah, blah. Can't wait for March!

·
Registered
202 Posts
NCVFR said:
The only problem was frost on the insdie of my face shield.

Rick
NCVFR
Yeah, does anyone have any tips on how to stop my face shield from fogging up so bad on the cold mornings? Other than cracking it open and letting all that cold air in and making my nose run. :(

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fotobw said:

Yeah, does anyone have any tips on how to stop my face shield from fogging up so bad on the cold mornings? Other than cracking it open and letting all that cold air in and making my nose run. :(
I haven't personally tried their products but you might want to check out Fog City Fog Shields. They are a thin film that you apply to your face shield with their own adhesive. I couldn't find their own web page but here's an ad for them I found by searching. It's on RKA's web site.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
fotobw said:
Yeah, does anyone have any tips on how to stop my face shield from fogging up so bad on the cold mornings? Other than cracking it open and letting all that cold air in and making my nose run.
FM Helmets have a fog-free face shield that works pretty damn good. Also, I've heard the neoprene breath deflectors work pretty well, but I've never tried one.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: The masochistic season begins

748 Abuser said:

I've already begun to strip it down to change colors, get new wheels, aftermarket stuff...blah, blah, blah. Can't wait for March!
As we stray off topic again.......

So you're keeping the 748 and getting the Gilera? Gee I'm glad you're wealthy.:D :twofinger

·
Registered
202 Posts
748 Abuser said:

FM Helmets have a fog-free face shield that works pretty damn good. Also, I've heard the neoprene breath deflectors work pretty well, but I've never tried one.
Any chance that FM fog-free face shield could be used in an Arai?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
fotobw said:
Any chance that FM fog-free face shield could be used in an Arai?
Unfortunately, not a chance. They have a pretty funky quick change mechanism. It wouldn't fit ANY other helmet.

I'd look into the product that James recommended. I have friends in Europe that swear by it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
fotobw said:

Most ski stores have anti-fog wipes for goggles. I assume these would work for shields. Or you could hold you breath! :p

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: The masochistic season begins

748 Abuser said:
I empathize with you, James.
Me too. I don't know how much longer I can stand to ride if these 60 degree cold fronts keep blowing in.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: The masochistic season begins

Pete said:

Me too. I don't know how much longer I can stand to ride if these 60 degree cold fronts keep blowing in.
:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :crying: :crying: :twofinger

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The masochistic season begins

Pete said:

You are right Pete, fortunately I have not had to ride my bike on these
horribly cold mornings due to my shoulder. It is supposed to warm up
to the 80's this weekend though....I think my shoulder feels alot better.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: The masochistic season begins

Birdman said:
:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :crying: :crying: :twofinger
:D

Cam, the real pain is having to wait an extra 15 minutes in the morning for the temps to warm up before riding out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Alright, here's something you southern guys don't get to enjoy.

I swear that the cold temps (it was 26 last night when I was riding) give me at least 3-5 extra HP. Cold air = denser air = more power. I haven't done any official tests, but it certainly seems to pick the front up even easier than usual.

(Let's see one of you Texas guys try to prove me wrong just so you can claim to have the 'perfect' riding weather:) :) )

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It also makes wheelspin a lot easier. I was playing with that a little bit the other night and just about highsided myself to Texas.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The masochistic season begins

Pete said:

:D

Cam, the real pain is having to wait an extra 15 minutes in the morning for the temps to warm up before riding out.
Yeah, Pete, but I like to make sure my motor is warmed up before I
leave anyway, so I dont mind waiting....

FrankieG.....
We dont have to "claim" Texas weather is better, we already know it.. :p :D :p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts