Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else like the look of the GS500F?? i think they look a lot different than the other 250s and 500s, i think the GS500F looks a whole lot like the 600 sportbikes....anyone else think this too?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Well that was the idea of Suzuki. To offer one a good beginners or anyones 500cc vertical twin. Next the owner might upgrade to the SV-650 or 650s & on to other models OR some might be quite content with the 500.

Sensible thinking upon their part & the pity is the to largest m/c makers being Honda & Yamaha did not think of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hopefully the other will have something available in 2005... I'm not buying until next season so that works for me. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think they look good

I saw a GS500F in person for the first time yesterday. I was going to check out the Ninja 250 and 500. I forgot that they also sold Suzukis there and didn't even think about looking at the GS500F until the salesman asked if I had ever checked one out. I thought it looked very nice in person.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The tail section is set up a lot like my F4... I just don't like how it weighs 20 pounds more than mine though. Definitely a cool idea for someone who wants the look but can't afford it.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
NN has a point for I would like to have one for a bike to honk around town on or two the next town or city, not being that far apart, rather then my 600. Either bike will easily break the speed limits in town & on the hwys so there is no lack of power PLUS the fact that they are more comfortable bikes for such runs.

They simply are not a big cruiser or hot trotting bike to be road raced on the circuits against the 600 fours. Still I have come across people that have been travelling all across Cdn on bikes with only 6 to 15-16hp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well for such a nice looking bike I would think it would have more power the only 47hp. But I think for my first bike I will stick with a ex500 or 500r.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts