Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since it is actually clean I might as well take and post a picture of it. I think the last pics I have of it are before the Scorpion was added and long before I put on the JL DB, before I removed the rear fender and before I got the seat cowl. It looks much better now. (IMO)

The bling-bling TT decals came off with a quickness though... Those were gone in about 2 weeks from the date of purchase.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
HyDrO said:
Is it true that triumphs have alot of problems or need to be fixed alot, just something i heard?
Just something you heard. Some people can't say anything nice.....

I LOVE MY TRIUMPH!:love: :love:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HyDrO said:
Is it true that triumphs have alot of problems or need to be fixed alot, just something i heard?
I did have a problem early on, but I know of people on the Jap bikes worse off than me.

I think it is just as good as any other brand.

·
Registered
168 Posts
HyDrO said:
thats cool i think the look sweet never been on one before? why is it that insurance seems to be lower on them?
My guess would that they tend to be purchased by older guys that ride more conservatively than younger guys. Less claims = lower premiums. That said, I don't think they're are loads cheaper. I know I was quoted nearly $1600 for a 2004 Daytona 955 (full coverage, I'm 43, no accidents/tickets in nearly 20 years) by Progressive. That's over 3X more than I pay for my Sprint RS. I'd seriously consider buying a Daytona next year if it wasn't for the insurance cost.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fluxpuppy said:
My guess would that they tend to be purchased by older guys that ride more conservatively than younger guys. Less claims = lower premiums. That said, I don't think they're are loads cheaper. I know I was quoted nearly $1600 for a 2004 Daytona 955 (full coverage, I'm 43, no accidents/tickets in nearly 20 years) by Progressive. That's over 3X more than I pay for my Sprint RS. I'd seriously consider buying a Daytona next year if it wasn't for the insurance cost.
Hey Flux, I can hook you up with my agent. My insurance, full-coverage with $100 deductible is $250/yr on my Triumph TT600. Insurance for me on a Daytona 955i was $303/yr. I am only 33 years old and have a clean driving record (No accidents/no tickets.)

Whenever you are ready for that Daytona... Let me know.;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
o|||||||o said:
Hey Flux, I can hook you up with my agent. My insurance, full-coverage with $100 deductible is $250/yr on my Triumph TT600. Insurance for me on a Daytona 955i was $303/yr. I am only 33 years old and have a clean driving record (No accidents/no tickets.)

Whenever you are ready for that Daytona... Let me know.;)
Send a PM or email with some contact info. My insurance is up for renewal in about a month and I'm shopping around for a better deal...

Thanks!

Garry

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WORM said:
That was for a 955i, didnt work out so now im back to ripping the R6 , Whos jeep is that?
You do know that a 955i is still a TRIUMPH!:twofinger

That is Heidi's new Grand Cherokee in the background...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Insurance

. . . I was quoted nearly $1600 for a 2004 Daytona 955 (full coverage, I'm 43, no accidents/tickets in nearly 20 years) by Progressive. That's over 3X more than I pay for my Sprint RS. I'd seriously consider buying a Daytona next year if it wasn't for the insurance cost.
man did you hit the proverbial nail on the head. I don't see how some of these young cats can afford insurance on the rep racers.

$1,600 a year takes all the fun out of riding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts