Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The final round of the MSS will be held December 14-15 and we're looking for good support on this ahead of the Christmas break.

The format is the same as the last round and from what I can see Sepang are going to run a combined grid again with only 2 races this time. The podium ceremony will follow immediately after the final race so no hanging around for hours this end to walk the steps to glory!!!

Because this is a combined grid, I don't think that SMSA license holders will be eligible this time round, but am checking this. New entrantrs (Chumley, Big Phil & Emilio ?) are welcome provided that you are AAM license holders. I will get some more details on how to apply but this involves a medical in JB at least.

I have the weekend's timetable which will email out seperately, but who's up for this. Please let me know so that I can get back to Sepang with numbers.

On another note altogether, will also be looking to arrange a meeting with the clerk of the course after qualifying to discuss the direction for next year. Would urge everyone who can to attend this so that we have representative input in planning next years racing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Count Me In

I will be there!

Plan to go up Friday afternoon/evening rather than saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yep I'm in

Well up for it.
Of course providing i dont get shipped off to some bluudy job again.

BC: let me know what i need to do or who i need to call.
I'll sort the medical out in JB but need the form first. I know you need the hassle like a hole in the head but hop eto repay the favour somehow someday!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Whooo !!! Aeeiiiiii

I'm a starter for sure.

With regards to the direction for the races next year I'm farkin glad you asked ... I'm up for going counter clockwise.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THE PAPER WORK

If I remember correctly, the Medical form is the Paperwork in full.

You need to talk to Dr Adam Lieu, who is the AAM accredited GP. He did all of our Medicals. Contact details as follows:

02 012 789 0018 HP
02 07 331 0830 / 331 0788 Practice in JB

Give him a call and see how... I talk to Sepang later for you to get the AAM office details.

You will also need to contact the ACU ... pls call me and I will dig out that correspondence and send seperately to you

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Oh for the love of g .......

Davo .... ya muppet .... I NEVER can think of anything serious to say ....

Having said that though ... just THINK about Sepang anticlockwise !! ....

Start off down the front straight into the NEW turn one, an easy right hand haipin straight into ANOTHER straight, then a right farkin juicy lefthander which turns in to a fast right hand up hill ..... then another sharp left, an easy left .... then the old turn Nine becomes.....(a fark it, canee count) ...anyway, it becomes a DOWNHILL right hander ... oooowwww .... into another wee straight .. double apex then a fast LEFT into a rast right uphill .. which would be farkin choice ..... but the next LEFT would be down hill also and leading into another straight ... woooo .. accident valley. Just picture this bit lads .... farking fast down hill into fast left hander, into a tight right then left .... and back onto the Start/ Finish straight ....

Shit. I should have been a race commentator. Legend !

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets do it .... !

You've sold it on me !!!

And after quickly checking my Sepang Illustrated guide I can see that Pit lane entry/exit points also work.

Turn those start lights around and we're off !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Flymogo

Count me in, i'll be there

Not sure about all of us bombarding the clerk of the course at the same time, it may degenerate into one big discussion without conclusion.

Perhaps we all meet up ourselves first, then a few representatives discuss our ideas and priorities with the clerk ?

Just a thought....the more people the less productive ?

:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Aaaaaah!

Sounds like an excuse for a piss up to me. Top man that Flymo fella.

And he does have a point.

Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Whooo !!! Aeeiiiiii

Legend said:

With regards to the direction for the races next year I'm farkin glad you asked ... I'm up for going counter clockwise.
Never mind riding the track backwards.

You'd probably be quicker modifying yer box and riding the facking bike backwards :finger:

I'm sure yer arse will be more aero dynamic than that facking head of yours .........cant :finger:

You'd get away with it seeing as your arse and face bear an uncanny resemblence ........;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GUIDED DEMOCRACIES RULE

Good Point Flymo.

So what we'll do is as follows.

1) Poll everyone to see what issues are important
2) A pre selected Panel will choose what questions need to be asked
3) Such Questions will be ranked in order of importance
4) On the day, a question will be allocated to the riders, excluding legend who will be bound and gagged.

Of course, the questions will be submitted to Jeff in advance for screening purposes.

Bit like Prime Ministers Question time at Westminster ..... " I refer my learned colleague to the answer I gave a few moments ago"

So hands up, who wants to be allowed to ask a question?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: GUIDED DEMOCRACIES RULE

Blue Catt said:

So hands up, who wants to be allowed to ask a question?
Yeah fark it .... I'll ask a few ... me me me me .. oi .. me me ... oi .. mr mr mr mr .. me me me ... oi oi oi ..

" Yo ... so um, Jeff is it? ... yeah well, what eva. Jeff .... I think your a cant !!"

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Runners and Riders

No surprises here then and so far have

- Slasher
- Legend
- Flymo
- Boycie
- Max
- Dick Dastardley
- Yellow Peril
- Tug
- Sliva Bullshit
- Blue Cat
- 1 - 4 the Road

Possibles

- Big Phil

Question Marks

- Emilio
- PIA Wilson aka Jules the Blade
- English Bob
- Simon Graham
- Richard Hosier
- Jarkko

I'm sending out a circular this eveing by email to all. Unfortunately the final race is a combined grid and therefore only open to AAM license holders.

Next year the season kicks off in February and we'll be looking to include the likes of zali, seven, peter, shah, in addition to our regulars from Singapore (Mojo, Rone etc)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You heard it first here !!

Emiilio is looking to give Joe's new gixxer slaying R1 its inaugural run on the 15th..... might take him a while to get the bike run in, but remember that he posted 2.25 on the full circuit on Joe's last bike.

Big Phill looks like he's gonna to be in the starting blocks for this one too.

Richard Hosier is juggling his schedule to try to make the last race too, so currently we're up to I think 13 riders in all .

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Media passes

Sepang were getting pissed off with us asking for media passes all the time. Some poor blerk who was trying to organise a race got called back to race control 5 times to issue media passes ! To prevent this from happening they agreed to issue 4 passes to me for distribution. If you want access to the circuit to take pictures or video e mail me and Ill keep a pass for you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hotel!

Has any one organised our suites at the Ritz yet?

I'm happy to ring up and do the honours but last time I confused them when I said I wasn't Mr Nigel Mc..Mc...Mc...Big Bike Yes!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts