Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Germany opens Holocaust records

Germany has agreed to clear the way for the opening of Nazi records on some 17 million Jews and enslaved labourers who were persecuted and slain by the Nazis and their collaborators more than 60 years ago during the Holocaust.

Justice Minister Brigitte Zypries said Germany would work in partnership with the United States to assure the opening of the archives, held in Bad Arolsen, Germany, and allow historians and survivors access to some 30 million to 50 million documents.

Until now, Germany resisted providing access to the archives, citing privacy considerations. "We always put it forward that way in meetings," Mr Zypries said.
Hmmm, where's this going to leave the morons who still claim the Holocaust never happened???

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Up shits creek without a paddle, or a boat for that matter. Its funny that they kept a record of it... that just like Nixon did with the white house recordings. Even if Germany had won, there would be these miles and miles of paperwork to explain to the citizens who never knew what was really going on in the camps.

Sepias

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Never underestimate the ability of people, who know something so absolutely and surely that no mountain of facts or evidence can ever convince them otherwise, to continue believing whatever they want.

See: Intelligent Design

:thumb:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Yep, they'll just claim that all the records are fake, or something simular. The sad part is that their case gains momentum with time.

But then again, nothing is autrocious enough to remain sacred forever...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Re: Re: The Holocaust

mstrand_68 said:
People claim it didn't happen? First I have heard this. :confused:

-M-
What hole have you been in? Its been giong on for years. Its mostly people who dont think that humans can be that cruel. Lets drop them off in Iraq and see if they still have the same opinion:D

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: The Holocaust

mstrand_68 said:
People claim it didn't happen?...
Here's a link to a Wikipedia page on Holocaust Denial.

A fella by the name of David Irving was sentenced, this year, to three years' imprisonment in Austria for denying the Holocaust.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Holocaust

cookeetree said:
Here's a link to a Wikipedia page on Holocaust Denial.

A fella by the name of David Irving was sentenced, this year, to three years' imprisonment in Austria for denying the Holocaust.

Whoa, I don't have that much time. Crazy that I have never heard of this before. Lots of people don't believe anyone has been to the moon, should we start throwing them in prison too?

Seems a little over the top.

-M-

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Obviously mstrand you have never met DPs or better knowen as Displaced Persons being people that came out of said concentration camps with no proof of nationality. So brought over to other countries as DPs till they could possibly find their nationality or some way they could stay in Cdn or go to another country. So many of them were Jewish & all with the tattos of numbers on their wrist

In Edmonton, Alberta Cdn we had a lot of them for while in school they learned to play table-tennis (good for the eyes) along with the concentration camps turned into DP camps, AFTER WWII, then sent to Cdn, States & such.

These chap tought us a LOT when it came to table-tennis & were the winners against those good players in the States.

Yet when some of them trusted us---------man you should have heard their tales of woe. Like parents, relatives, brothers, sisters & friends were wiped out by the authorities in said camps & they knew they were next not matter how hard they worked in said factories or fields for the Germans.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Holocaust

mstrand_68 said:
Whoa, I don't have that much time. Crazy that I have never heard of this before. Lots of people don't believe anyone has been to the moon, should we start throwing them in prison too?

Seems a little over the top.

-M-
Seing how the rize of nazi germany and the following genocide is widely viewed as on of the worse things that has ever happened, some countries enacted laws to make sure it would never happen again. For that reason it is illegal to do the hitler salute in germany. They dont want anymore nazis. I dont think this is entirely right, but I'm not going to loose any sleep over some wannabe nazi's freedom of speech.
Ironic that its all about to repeat itself...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I personally think hitler was a genious in many rights, but just not the massive genoside and the concentration camps/jewish persicution. I really love the breeding program he implemented. Thats the best way to help us evolve as a species, no more inbreeding or stupid people having kids!:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Its no secret that the guy had talent. He wouldnt have gotten as far as he did without it.
But lets not credit him with the whole genetic modification system, since the concentration camps were a direct result of that. Jewish genes were seen as inferious.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thats why I said minus the camps and such, just set up breeding programs but dont hurt the carriers of the inferior genes:twofinger I know hitler wasn't the first man to push the idea, but he was the first to set up an active program involving it, although it was a currupt version of the theory.

Sepias

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
First off, allow me to point out the genetics were and still are at the heart of almost any armed conflict thruout history.

Now lets see the gaping holes in your selective breeding theory. First, whom would you assign the responcibility of deciding which traits are desirable? Second, limiting the genetic pool will make this pool more susceptable to many deseases, including heredetary ones, and less able to adopt to an enviromental change. Thee: the plan would by its very nature imply a massive drop in birthrates, which will lead our society to an economic decline once the current generation reaches retirement age.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I never said it was a perfect theory, no theory is. I also wasn't proposing it as a viable option in its current form. I was just stating that it is a workable theory under the correct surcomstances. It would also be the fastest way of pushes evolution forward by directly selecting the aspects we find most desirable, but yes, by us selecting it does produce inherent flaws, thats why its a theory not a solution. In my opinion the current choices humans make to select mates is counter productive on the terms of evolution, but we are off topic:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
7 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Up shits creek without a paddle, or a boat for that matter. Its funny that they kept a record of it... that just like Nixon did with the white house recordings. Even if Germany had won, there would be these miles and miles of paperwork to explain to the citizens who never knew what was really going on in the camps.

Sepias
The common citizens of Germany knew very well what was going on. Camps were everywhere. Families disappeared and their homes were suddenly made available to party members. Much of the infrastructure (trains, etc) were operated by civilians. Many of the execution teams in Poland and elsewhere were manned by common Wermacht volunteers, not the SS. "Hitler's willing Executioners" by Daniel Goldhagen documents all this very well.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

"...Hello, is this the SBW ban hotline? I'd like the link to the thread that is most likely to get me booted. Oh, a thread where posters are discussing the actions of Adolf Hitler, you say? Sounds perfect!..."

;) :D

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Homersapian said:
The common citizens of Germany knew very well what was going on. Camps were everywhere. Families disappeared and their homes were suddenly made available to party members. Much of the infrastructure (trains, etc) were operated by civilians. Many of the execution teams in Poland and elsewhere were manned by common Wermacht volunteers, not the SS. "Hitler's willing Executioners" by Daniel Goldhagen documents all this very well.
I agree they knew of the camps existance, but not that they knew what was taking place in them. The camps were everywere, but they were also several miles out of the nearest towns and civilians were not allowed around them. The avereage citizen also would not want to beleive rumors they may have heard about the camps because of the faith they had placed in Hitler as a leader. After all he did take them from a country on the brink of political and economic collapse to a world power in just a few years time. He had done nothing to hurt the people, so why would he be killing them off? But this is history and lets let it die.

Sepias

·
Registered
54 Posts
You guys get way to deep at times don't you. Stop it your gonna make me cry!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :twofinger

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
We just like to flex our intellectual abilities... atleast until our heads hurt and we decide to just watch TV instead:twofinger

Sepias

1 - 20 of 24 Posts