• I don't have a back seat, so she can't ride with me

Votes: 59 13.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is scared stiff and won't go near them. She wishes I would give it up because they are "Death Rockets." I wondered how many of you were in similar situations.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Six broken bones, 8" scar across belly for internal injuries, more "war wounds" elsewhere, yeah my wife just LOVES me riding bikes. NOT !!:(

But she loves ME so accepts that bikes come with the territory.:)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
A friend of mine has a girlfriend kind of like that. She doesn't like the fact that he races and she lets him know it every time he heads to the track. Most of the time he just lets it go in one ear and out the other.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wife is sooo not interested. Anyway, it's nice to have something separate to do once in a while. As long as I don't go overboard, she's pretty understanding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife absolutly LOVES to ride with me, but, she has no interest in learning to ride a motorcycle herself. That's OK though, she's a great passenger, she loves sportbikes, all the gear, and the lifestyle to boot!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
My gf Loves it, she can't get enough.

And she likes to ride bikes too. LOL.

Actually she gets upset when I slow down. She wishes I would do stunts more. Sometimes I do Christs with her on the back, or sit with my feet over the windscreen, with her on the back. She's been working on getting up on the back seat so we can do a double christ air. Lately, there have been a LOT of crashes around here, and the cops have been all over us, so I've tamed down quite a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oops

I was hurrying and forgot to include that important choice. Actually it was so foreign to me that I just forgot it completely. As far as girlfriends are concerned, mine is the farthest from riding her own bike. My sister-in-law loves to though, so I should have remembered to include it. Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: oops

cdegough said:
I was hurrying and forgot to include that important choice. Actually it was so foreign to me that I just forgot it completely. As far as girlfriends are concerned, mine is the farthest from riding her own bike. My sister-in-law loves to though, so I should have remembered to include it. Anyway, thanks.
CDE and Will ... Thanks !

ACK !!:D :D :D I knew what you meant. Its easy to see the world in your own way, I do it all of the time. I would have jumped your shit if I thought you were bein an ass, but it was clear to me that you were not. (boy, am I gonna hear about those entendres (sp?)

I used to live in Sacto! I miss Dorthea!

Thanks for your post. It wasnt a big deal. You may have pissed the women more than me !:D :D :D Now there's a reason to be afraid. Very afraid.;)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Buck...I had originally started to type "spouses" who ride, but the wifey made me change it to significant others. I've also learned to use the term 'go forward' in place of 'go straight'...she doesn't want me to offend anyone. :D :D Sometimes I wonder about her. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Hmmmmm

My wife could give a rats a#$ about bikes, sports, or anything other than T.V. yup..a true couch potato. The only thing she does before I go riding, is say,,,,,be careful.....tis a lonly life:(

·
Registered
199 Posts
RedNinja said:
Buck...I had originally started to type "spouses" who ride, but the wifey made me change it to significant others. I've also learned to use the term 'go forward' in place of 'go straight'...she doesn't want me to offend anyone. :D :D Sometimes I wonder about her. ;)
Will (will) we ever be free of the PC Police? Spouse is just fine, partner, whatever. Just so long as it isnt purposly "exclusive", but is in some inclusive for most. Jeff is my "spouse" , I usually say partner. I dont care so long as they dont say something hateful. Not everyone thinks in Stereo! (or surround for that matter)

Just the same, its heartwarming to see people trying, sometimes in erstwhile fashion, to be inclusive. Thats the part I admire!:D

1 - 20 of 193 Posts