Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I have to say I am in awe. I spent my first weekend ever up at deals gap, aka the dragon this past weekend. I was amazed. I grew up in a different part of Tennessee and I thought " I know what a curvey road is". Man I was way off. I didn't realize that a road like that existed. I will say I loved every munite of it. Talking to all the other bikers was a real neat experience too. There are so many people from so many different backgrounds all together for one purpose, to slay the dragon. I cant say enough about what that road will tell you about your own riding ability. We took our time and warmed up with it a time or two through. I really don't think that a weekend is enough time to learn the raod. We tried to rip it, but we didn't even come close to setting record or anything. I am not going to try either. I will definately be back up there though. From now on that will be an anuall trip for me. If you have never been, I urge you go. I am sure many of the SBW community has heard this excited "just got back" babble before. Just had to say something.

-Later-

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
So did you slay him? Did you shoot that magical arrow into the lone bare-spot on his chest? ...Sorry, I was thinking about the Hobbit for a second.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Alot of people call me "The dragon".:cool:

Well, not really. But that would be cool.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I went there before I wrecked my bike, deals gap is awesome, it's so fun it feels like it only takes 2 minutes to get through the whole thing, i lvoed it - i'll definately be going back, the only thing is that the day I was there, there was a grou of miata's, a group of 3000gt's, and some dodge vipers, and some mr2's that go tearing it up like the bikes, DIFFERENCE? - they take up BOTH lanes on turns cause they try to go through so fast.. .bastards.

·
Registered
518 Posts
cmd954 said:
I went there before I wrecked my bike, deals gap is awesome, it's so fun it feels like it only takes 2 minutes to get through the whole thing, i lvoed it - i'll definately be going back, the only thing is that the day I was there, there was a grou of miata's, a group of 3000gt's, and some dodge vipers, and some mr2's that go tearing it up like the bikes, DIFFERENCE? - they take up BOTH lanes on turns cause they try to go through so fast.. .bastards.
that must make for some anxious moments for the poor guy going the other way (esp on a bike)! I haven't been there yet, but I plan on going this summer...CAN'T WAIT!!!:drool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The real challenge, at Deals, is to keep your bike on your side of the center line. I have seen accidents where bikes crossed the center line and ran into fellow riders or forced them off the road. Then there is the occasional car or truck..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts