• Other (Ducati,Aprilla,Triumph, etc.)

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Before I vote...

I need to know the basis of my decision. Are we talking best all around company? Best racing Co. Best streeting co?

Ahh, nevermind. It's SUZUKI, DUH! They have all type of bikes for all types of riders. although not all sizes of riders. :( But you win some, you lose some right?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I vote for "other". I like the bikes that are not as mainstream and on every corner, like a R1 etc. I like how the smaller companies (Aprillia, Ducati, Triumph) do well for themselves and produce quality products with less resources. And can build fast race bikes as well. So I vote for the underdogs.
But if I had to pick one, I would pick Ducati. Envy, desire, sex appeal and grace are all parts of the Ducati motorcycle. So what if they are not known to last for 100,000 miles and need extra attention. The rewards are greater.
The same with women, the fiesty difficult ones are usually the best. Come on, stripper or a medical transcriptionist?

But I would own any brand of motorcycle, there isn't such a thing as a bad bike. Unless it's a Kawasaki that is.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I voted for Honda because of the overall scope and their reliability, quality, various innovations of the past and their racing history. :cool:

But they all have a claim to being the best in some ways.

Aprilia is putting out some very impressive bikes nowadays. :cool:

Ducati has put racing twins on the map. Of course that has been done with way overpriced bikes of lessor quality and reliabilty. Can't argue with their successes though. Sound familiar Harley? Yes they are the Harleys of the sportbike world. :rolleyes:

Yamaha made the open class bikes a viable market and has almost single handedly destroyed the 750cc sportbike market in the process. They also put a little spark back into the 600 class. Got spanked again quickly but still deserve alot of credit. :cool:

Suzuki has the greatest linup of sportbikes on the road currently IMO(GSXR600/750/1000, SV650, Bandits, Katanas, TLR/S, Busas). Now if they could just get their reliabilty up to par with the others and not screw over their customers when things do go wrong. That issue is the only thing that keeps them out of the top spot I think.

Kawasaki just can't hang right now. They have done well in the past but are sucking hind tit now. All I can say is they are quite reliable and are pretty damn good street bikes. They will rise again someday I think.

Having said all of that, Honda is the best. They cover it all but lets face it... they are all pretty damn good... even Ducati. ;)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I voted Yamaha!
I really enjoy the performance and the almost perfect handling of the R6. In order to replace parts on the Yamahas you don't have to spend your entire paycheck. Replacement parts are resonably priced. Oh they look alot better than the others too. That is probably why they have soo many clones now except for Suzuki.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would also have to agree with the Honda. They have a great line of bikes going, and are some of the best for all around riding. My opinion they are the most comfortable and they can keep right up with anyother bike out there. That is if your not past em.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I think they are all good for the sport. It's mainly through competition with each other that we benefit. One comes up with a new innovation, the rest scramble to do them one better.

If I had to choose one, RIDE RED!

·
Registered
455 Posts
tigerblade said:
I think they are all good for the sport. It's mainly through competition with each other that we benefit. One comes up with a new innovation, the rest scramble to do them one better.

If I had to choose one, RIDE RED!
Damn Straight! Ducati! The only red bike that matters!

P

·
0 Posts
RedVTR said:
Honda has won more championships in ALL motorcycling event than any other brand. Fact.
Yep, they are just tearing up the flat-tracking scene. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts