Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I think it looks great! But it looks Very uncomfortable too.
I guess all black metalwork is 'in' huh? I prefer metal colored metal.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If that is what the 2002 will look like then Id rather take a kawi if those two were my only choice.:barf: The 2001 looks ****ing bad ass. The only reason I chose the gixxer over the r1 is because of performance. My dream bike is a gsxr1000 that looks like the 2001 r6.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ughhh

where's the fairings on the bike?? Horrible. I don't mind anything else but it not hardly having any fairings on it at all. I really hope that if this is what it will really look like that it doesn't look like that too long. I want a R1 when I get out of college but damn I want one with some fairings on it:barf:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I totally disagree. If that is what it looks like I might have to have one. And i swore I'd never go back to four cylinders...

·
Registered
443 Posts
It might look nice if it has the red color of the 2001 r6. THe red they are displaying is ugly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need more fairling and better color!

The reason I love the sports bikes are:

Cool fairings! What's up with the european naked bike look?

Exotic colors! Don't wanna be just another one of those blue or red R1/R6/600 Yamaha's out there.

I am ready for the 2002 R1, but please cover the bike up a bit more, and give us more color choices please!

-Out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
02 R1

I'm all about the 02. Yea, the fairings are small but it still looks bad. Plus a good custom paint and some polished wheels are all I need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What!!!

I cant believe some of you actually like the pic! Who ever heard of a R1 without fairings? When I first seen the pic I thought That this thing looked more like the new Fazer than an R1! Hopefully sells will drop so much, that they will have to bring back the fairings! I love the performance and look of the old R1, and yes to keep up with the others, changes need to be made. But dont strip it of the fairings.:angry:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm waiting until I see it in person! I don't like the idea of less fairing, but somehow I think it'll grow on me, like when Honda 1st put out the 929! I was mad cuz they didn't keep the dual headlights, but the single lens looked so much better in person than on the net, so we'll see. BTW I can't wait untill tonight when Honda releases the 02 blade :D

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like it but there are some glaring flaws with the look IMO. Why o why did they mess with the front. It was the best dam front in Japanese motorcycles... Now it looks to refined... It doesn't have that aggression anymore. The tail is a bit weird, I kinda like my tail more.

But who knows, the extra rigidity and FI might be well worth the styling screwups.

Ian

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think the '02 R1 is incredible looking. It is definitely my new lust! The silver is the best with the extremely sleek, cool, silver/black. Wow. I bow to Yamaha. I'd almost sell myself on the street for the cash to buy the bike. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
i just wish they would do the silver in solid, without the black side fairing...
thats my only moan about it..

im gettin one...next winter

oh btw, there is a sweeeet '98 for sale in the classifieds...(hint hint)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
The two of you guys need to change your Avatar's if you are going to try and sell your bikes! Doh! :D

The Silver gives me wood!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts