1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to Detroit, Hope you survive.

Proof Shot Dead

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETROIT -- Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile Road, a publicist said.

The death of Proof — whose real name is Deshaun Holton — was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Family members gathered at a home on Detroit's northwest side. The residential street in front of the two-story home was lined with vehicles.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances. He also appeared in the film "8 Mile."

D12, which includes Eminem, has been around since the mid-1990s, when members of the rap group met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day and a hip-hop club by night.

Detroit police wouldn't confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head — one fatally — early Tuesday at a nightclub on Eight Mile.

An argument at the CCC nightclub escalated into gunshots, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

Another member of Eminem's inner circle — rapper Obie Trice — was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway in December.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice.

-M-

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Welcome to Detroit, Hope you survive.

Nice.

-M-

Ok, I'll ask, why the comments?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I didnt say that. But, I sure would not say rest in peace to that jack ass.

No matter what the circumstances... he shot the other guy in the head first. Period. Plus, he was so far from being a model citizen, I could care less.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The part that confuses me about the whole rappers getting shot incidents is WHY? When you make a few million over a record, why mess with a life of crime? Not like they need the money... Go buy yourself a house in the bahamas and live the rest of your life very comfortable... No.. gotta prove to the world you're tough.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Vash said:
The part that confuses me about the whole rappers getting shot incidents is WHY? When you make a few million over a record, why mess with a life of crime? Not like they need the money... Go buy yourself a house in the bahamas and live the rest of your life very comfortable... No.. gotta prove to the world you're tough.
They're keepin it real Yo!

you can take a kid off the streets but you cant take the streets out of the kid

kinda cliche' but that was my same reaction. I travel right by there for work all the time. It just amazes me that anyone would choose to be there unless they had to be

The whole thing is crazy really. I cant wait till the whole thug life gangsta rap bullshit goes away.

·
Registered
960 Posts
bmacd said:
Where did you read that? Have they even released the name of the alleged soldier?

-=bmacd=-
Yes, they released it a few days ago. His brother(I think it was his brother) has been on the news.. basically saying... why people mourning... and feeling sorry for him... he KILLED my brother!!!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Vash said:
Let me get this straight. Three people get shot in the head and only one of them dies?
yea, it sounds like two people died. The guy proof shot, prrof hiself. Obie Trice sounds like he was grazed...but I dunno...all I know if Proof killed a man over a game of pool....killed a war Vet over a game of pool and people want to idolize his POS worthless ass. I am glad someone else was armed and knew how to use it.....should have finished the magazine in his ass

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
That part I found confusing in the article. It never said what happened to the army guy...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts