Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That little light above the headlight on my RR burned out. Has anyone done anything different with that like tinting, different bulb, etc?

------------------
"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!"

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I know Big Kahuna put in an Amber bulb to match his front marker/signal lights... I havent done anything to it personally. How about make it flash in sync with "STEP AWAY FROM THE BIKE!" alarm system? :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troublemaker400:
what's that thing for?

Luke

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a 'Daylight visibility light' for use in countries where daytime running lights (headlight) are not required.
Its to help the zombie cages see you on the Autobahn. :)

------------------
Kyle J.-

·
Registered
938 Posts
I put in a blue tinted bulb. It matches the look of my super white headlight bulbs better.

I have seen an RR around here that the owner had painted the little light bulb cover to match the rest of the fairing. I guess he doesnt have to worry about it burning out now :).

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com -Almost finished!
Formerly known as GSXR750

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been thinking about the ion bulbs for my RR. I guess you like them? Where did you buy them, Lockhart?

Riverrunner- I didn't know that's what the light was for either. Thanks!

:D :p ;)

------------------
"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!"

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Cool Tigerblade, I can be useful :rolleyes:

I know in CA. if you have any blue or red forward facing lights you get a big ol' slap on the wrist and I think a fine. Check that out before you color the lens...

I got busted as a teen for coloring the license plate light lens blue. It was just a fix it ticket though.

------------------
Kyle J.-

·
Registered
938 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tigerblade:
I've been thinking about the ion bulbs for my RR. I guess you like them? Where did you buy them, Lockhart?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like them. They really seem to get noticed. I got mine from http://www.sportbikes.net

I got the 90w/100w, so there is not much difference between hi/low beams. Actually, I can't use the hi beam as it blows the headlight fuse. If I order them again, I'll get a lower watt bulb.

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com -Almost finished!
Formerly known as GSXR750

P

·
0 Posts
Drool...

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could I borrow your '51 sometime? You know, just to see if I like the bulbs? :D

------------------
"My life's in shambles. I need pie."

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
The "red" stuff is a pigmented clearcoat that I formulated myself to stick to unprimered metal so that the sheen of the metal comes thru the clearcoat. Looks like a red mirror in person... I have also done some R1's in blue.

Anodising is less than a micron thick into the surface of the metal & once it's scratched you're screwed... This stuff allows scratches to be buffed out and or reapplied in the event of a really bad crash
------------
www.rc51.org

[This message has been edited by Lord Duckhunter (edited July 13, 2000).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts