Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Openly admitting in public going 140+ on public roads and a double gold star to the one who admitted to 163 on 696.

just painted a bullseye on all riders.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I was just gonna post ta ask about this.
Had this..."Oh S**T!"....feeling to it.
Walked in the door after comming home from RO and saw the fox2 news in RO and showing bike night and bikes riding 696 but the sound was muted since my child and baby were sleeping so I missed what the report was about.
Is there a fox2 website that has has the news reports for tv?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Fox news (channel 2) will probably rerun the piece during the Friday lunch newscast or maybe even the nightly news.

We, as "sportbikers" did not come off looking very good. They had a nice shot of some clown riding a wheelie on the freeway, passing the filming car at great speed and holding the wheelie for a long way. It looked like a piece from that one video of those guys on M59 last year.

Then they interviewed the "brain surgeons" in RO and boy, they did not do us any favors.

They commented on how the police have been having a crackdown on bike speeders... but they did not say when that was or if it is still ongoing.

Just like the anti-drag racing on public streets piece a few years ago, watch in on the freeways for a while.

They showed nice video of bikes being tracked from the air. Plain as the nose on your face, watching those little bikes passing everything in sight, weaving all over the place.

·
Registered
354 Posts
v2win said:
There is a replay at 2am I am going to attempt to tape it
I'm out of town but would like to see this shit so bad. I was doing a 120 today but the only ppl I told were my friends. If you tape it I might hit u up for a copy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
too bad i'm not going to be able to see it.. fox 2 doesn't exist in lansing..

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
I'm out of town but would like to see this shit so bad. I was doing a 120 today but the only ppl I told were my friends. If you tape it I might hit u up for a copy.
x2.
I'll buy a copy off you.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'd like to see them do a similar piece on Wednesday nights down there and see how many beers the cruiser crowds down before they hop back on there bikes..

But the ass clowns they talked to about sportbikes and how fast they like to go are just plain morons...Thanks fellas... Now go home and watch your biker boys DVDs....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hmm, i didnt see it, nor even knew about it. Forgive me for being all nooby around the site, but RO? Is that Royal Oak? a bike night in royal oak? And the news was there, and talked to our prized jackasses about how they're all f**kin cool and haulin ass on the e-way? great.
These kids are retarded. They watch some movies and videos and wanna go do it.

This, I just have to see. Guess Ill keep it calm and easy goin now, since im sure the public went nuts and the cops are all anti-sportbike now... And I dont even ride like that!!! EVER!

:finger:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Apparently, thier "noon" new is on from 11am to noon. Hmmm.
I did not know they did their broadcast an hour earlier than the rest. Kind of odd.

So, if anyone is going to try to catch it, be advised it is on earlier, from 11 to noon.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If anyone can get it and tape it I would love a copy too! I wonder if we could call fox 2 and they would send us a copy. I'll check into it.. but seriously.. IF anyone gets it.. hit me up!

·
Registered
267 Posts
OK, I missed the airing but what was the point of their story? What was the goal? Sounds simply like sensationalism for ratings.....pick any group and you can find some subset that is full of stupid A-Holes....

I doubt I'll ever see FOX2 out at the Range while I'm teaching a class.....

Justin

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I wonder how RO liked it.
They have a substantial economic boost from the bike crowd.
I bet more people hang out there just to be around the hype and watch it, than the riders themselves. They seem to cut tons of slack to the bike crowd. Way more than the bar only crowd.

·
Registered
494 Posts
OK I can get a copy made from Fox 2 and they will ship it to my door.. for a low low fee of (GET THIS) $165 for a DVD and $105 for a VHS!

WTF! So if we really want a copy of it... we POOL our money and all get the one DVD and then make copies of it! LOL So we can get it.. if we really want it. If it was a LITTLE cheaper I would just order it and forget it.

Let me know if anyone is down for pooling some money to get a copy.. and then I can burn copies from it for all that pitched in!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Tigress said:
OK I can get a copy made from Fox 2 and they will ship it to my door.. for a low low fee of (GET THIS) $165 for a DVD and $105 for a VHS!

WTF! So if we really want a copy of it... we POOL our money and all get the one DVD and then make copies of it! LOL So we can get it.. if we really want it. If it was a LITTLE cheaper I would just order it and forget it.

Let me know if anyone is down for pooling some money to get a copy.. and then I can burn copies from it for all that pitched in!
Glad to see I'm not the only dork - I called this morning about getting a tape/dvd/movie file too. Not for that kind of cash though...:finger:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I caught it on the 5am edition of the news this morning (sorry no way to record) but the best was the big boobed hooker in the too tight wife beater talking about going 130 on the back of a bike. It was the exact same thing as the videos we pass around from other states. Find the biggest posers and interview them.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts