Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just like to thank all the boys that came to visit me in Hospital, it made all the difference it really did.
Ok BC's boys making the automatic bed go up and down like a yoyo wasn't the most comfportable i've ever been but heh still cool to see em.

For those that didn't know. I recently had an argument with an air bag and it won. I've now lost the sight in one eye which, as you can imagine sucks big time. But it's not the end of the world and i'm well on the way to adapting and i get better each day. Could of been a lot worse!

I'm slightly less attractive than before which means Legend and Boycie might now stand a chance with the girlies when i'm around!.

Let the piss taking begin. ( Life goes on)
Best i've heard so far is.
Q " Guess who i bumped into at the optician the other day"
A "everybody"

Take it easy boys and roll on the Sepang GP

:thumb:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had no idea BP. I don't want to inundate you with questions which you're probably sick of answering but if you want to, I'd be interested to know what happened.

The two things that really scare me when riding are spine and eye injuries. Looks like it won't hold you back much though.

Talking about accidents, Jeff Wong (55) had a big crash at Sepang yesterday- apparently the brakes failed totally coming into Turn 14. After his heart skipped 3 or 4 beats, he tried to lose some speed in the gravel run-off coming on to the back straight but ran out of room and hit the tyre barrier. He was knocked out for a while but suffered no apparent injuries. The bike had hardly any damage though.

Get well soon BP

·
Registered
77 Posts
Faaaark

Faaark me Phil, were you called "lucky" in a previous life !

You could now officially be the SBR doctor, a bit like the faaarker in the cannonball run :D

Seriously though, good on ya, it seems your attitude is still top!:thumb:

Trying to get to the Sepang GP on a stopover if I can, hope to see you guys there.

Cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
bloody hell mate you have been in the wars!!!

i'll be back in malaysia in a few weeks, I'll get a couple of parots and with my limp and your patch we can play pirates down the pub.

mend fast bonny lad

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
bloody hell big fella ... i HAVE been in hiding ... i heard nothing about this ....

hope you are well andf truely on the way to a speedy recovery ..... and if you are in need of a 'breezer' at any time ... i am your man !!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Gutted

It goes without saying that me and Lensy were gutted when we found out. I know you of all people will find a way to keep doing the things that you enjoy regarless of the circumstances. Its a big chin but try to keep it up and remember where we are if you need any thing:thumb:

At least now you have an excuse for not being able to fight your way out of a soggy paper bag:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

Thanks for all the well wishes boys and girls.

Yeah! just when you think you've had your fair share of shite luck, life whacks you again. Without going off on a rant...we're only flesh and blood ( with the odd bit of surgical steel:D)

Legend. WTF have you been and how is she???
:crying:

TUG. It's my left eye ya tosser. There's nothing wrong with my left hook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts