Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally managed to get my arse over onto this forum.

Would like one of the first things I put her to be a very respectful expression of gratitude to the people who have worked very hard to make our racing at Sepang happen.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If it had not been for these people taking the initiative, I for one would never have been able to fulfill one of my longstanding dreams. That dream was not only to be racing with the big guys, it was also the mere chance of being able to go on a race track and get my knee down.

Having said all that, I should have a grudge against said people for making me endeavor on a track that has led me to spend fist-fulls of money. However, I cannot because when I see how dedicated they are to this (and how much money they put down themselves), I am very happy to be able to just hang on for the ride.:) :) :)

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good on ya lad !!

True bloody true. I was thinking along the same lines on the ride to work this morning.

It's just hard to express the true magniture of appreciation .. to these two in particular .. cause they are always such cants ... but I would suggest a beer or six in their direction at the next Molly's slosh up would be in order troups ?

Oi Silva ... what's all this shite about you "racing" ... I've seen you on the track bro ... is THAT what you call it ?? ... and here I was thinking you were just joining in to give us "Legend" types some mobile obstacles to go round ... arf arf arf !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was having the same thoughts last night as I dragged the pegs of Bob's R1 around Marina South........

........great effort by BC and Tug without them none of this would have happened............

I am happy to pay for BC's beers at Molly's next time we all meet.:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Got to agree

How the F these guys hold down a job, maintain a relationship and organise a support race at Asia's top motorsport event is beyond me. Not to mention having to deal with members of organisations who you'd like to strangle with their own red tape.

And while I'm on me soap box. I noticed that some people were taking them for granted and expected to be nursed all the time.
Come on boys, yer all big boys or you woudln't be here in the first place. They are making things happen under circumstances where, i for one, would have lost the plot and thumped somebody ages ago.

Here endeth the moan for today.

A club is only as good as "all" it's members.

Talking of which...i haven't heard a word out of the new VP.
Probably got his finger stuck in a flat slide carb!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Got to agree

[QUOTETalking of which...i haven't heard a word out of the new VP.
Probably got his finger stuck in a flat slide carb!!!
[/QUOTE]

Funny thing big boy,..I was unusually busy after my return from the long business trip, and jet-lag is still bugging me.

Nevertheless, the flat-slides will not work for me. The R1's still a lame duck, and will be quite a challenge to catch the Gixxers of Slasher and Tug on the track again.

So back to the drawing board. Handling will certainly be one area the R1 will need especially around the big sweepers in Sepang. Damn,..do I need the Ohlins.

Thought I could get the engine sorted out, but looks like the limits have been reached for now.

OK,.so now you have heard from me,.and tomorrow will have to be a no-show for me as I have guests in town for just one day.

Let's see if we can meet up soon. Maybe another piss-up soon?

:barf: :drool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Heh heh

he's alive!!!

The R1 a lame duck....come on MoJo. If Simon can catch em on a 5 year old Duc SP then theres hope for ya on an R1.

If you get a bit of time do some web seaches for R1 setups. Theres some pretty useful info out there on standard suspension set ups. You could allways have em revalved and new springs and a new link for the rear. And you wouldn't have to sell a kidney to afford it.!

Flat slides eeerm. R U still using the exup valve or what.
If you need a hand let me know.

Cheers
BP

PS Is there a get together at Molly's on Wed?????

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: Heh heh

bigphil said:
....come on MoJo. If Simon can catch em on a 5 year old Duc SP then theres hope for ya on an R1.
I agree with BP, it ain't the suspenders, it ain't the lack of mumbo, it's the lack of twisting of that right grip!!! :p Limit's - there are no limits :D :D

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Re: Heh heh

Gixxer_Dave said:

I agree with BP, it ain't the suspenders, it ain't the lack of mumbo, it's the lack of twisting of that right grip!!! :p Limit's - there are no limits :D :D

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo :rolleyes:
Yes,.I fully agree it's the lack of twisting of that right grip,.but somehow it is almost directly connected to the bollocks,...and seems like the bollocks kinda miss the point, and stayed at the pits.

Nevertheless,.I still feel the bike drifts at full keel,..and the line changes ever so often.

maybe its a combination of small bollocks, lack of grip, and suspension set-up.

For sure, my next target will be to catch Tug, BC and Slasher.

The next Sepang session will be suspension set-up time. Yippee!!...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Heh heh

bigphil said:
he's alive!!!

The R1 a lame duck....come on MoJo. If Simon can catch em on a 5 year old Duc SP then theres hope for ya on an R1.

Hmm,...wonder what kind of pace maker upgrades he's got since then?

If you need a hand let me know.

Yeah,..I need both. Will call you when the time comes for the next Sepang.

Cheers,..

·
Registered
48 Posts
mojo - do you want to buy a race prepared '01 'blade - one (OK 2) careful owner(s), race track finish and handles like a dream when cranked right over?? with an ohlins shock and yoshi end can it will a rare slasher stalker.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks,.but all my marbles been spent

Thanks Jules,.

I am sure the blade is quick around the bends,..but me marbles gone,.and looks like I will have to work for another 11 years to pay up all my outstanding loans to get a clean bill of credit health.

Question 1:...why decide to sell,...so suddenly?

Question 2: ...maybe the legend will be interested. He may want a slower bike so he can look fast amongst the newbies and start from basics.

m0j0

·
Registered
48 Posts
"a slower bike!!!!"

who could utter such words against team honda's finest!

mojo there is plenty of mumbo in the old 'blade yet - a few trick bits will unleash her full potential - inspires confidence like no R1 could and even ollie can get below a 2.30 lap time on one.

......aftermarket bodywork and tank have lots of character too.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Crash-a-rama

jules the blade said:
my blade is feeling sorry for herself in KL due to my over exuberence in that department.
I read something briefly about your MotoGP incident Jules but would like to hear the whole ugly story :( I'm amased that someone hasn't made a fortune out of you lot with one of those 'Racing Crashes IV' videos, would only take a couple of weekends to get the full 2hrs worth of spills..... Hahahahaha

and Mojo, stop spending all your hard earned on those expensive Team Yamaha bits and get down to the local quack for a bollocks upgrade :p I hear the all chrome jobbies work an absolute treat.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Ummm .. No .... Thanks ...

Ah, thanks for the offer PIA ... but ...without hurting your feelings ... I would only reluctantly take it .. if you were giving it away...

Ya see lad, for me, riding is as much about the bike you ride, as it is anything else ... the feeling of speed, the track experience, the freedom .. bla bla ...

The bike you own and ride .... it's a representation of who you are as a person. It says something about you. It's the best way I know of to say to whoever, or whatever force there is that controls and directs our destiny.

It's like a big 'fark off' sign that says "I am not like all those farked up seat fillers that you see in every office block in every city of the world." ....

And bro ... my lovely R1 does that. It's ain't the latest model. It's getting on to two years old now and done over 25 thou k's. It's got some scratches now, but it's also got that lovely Yoshi can, braided lines, steering damper, Ohlins rear ... i.e it's getting old and used, but like me it gets better with age if ya just throw a little money at it now and then ..... and fark I love it.

As for your blade .... fark know's what sort of sign your sending to the Universe bro ... but it's a filthy one for sure (arf arf arf) ... and you wonder WHY your baby chucks you at any slight provocation ?? .....

Nope ... I'm in a relationship with my girl, and she loves me ..... I can hear her calling me ... gotta go give that Yoshi the message ... just .. need ... to ... get .. me ...pants .... ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
legend - you are right, she is one dirty b*tch and who would begrudge any man such a girl once in a while - and make no mistake she can be a real rodeo ride and with a yoshi she would howl like a banshee............

dave - funny you should refer to "racing crashes 4" as a suitable video name; the famous turn 4 claimed 2 fireblades and 1 R1 over the weekend (bob, me and olllie) - and i always thought it was such an inoffensive turn. all of us crashed on the exit of the corner and sadly this time i could not place any of the blame on anyone else (so will blame the rear shock instead. was running about 8th on lap 6 with nobody immediately behind me so stupidly thought i'd go that little bit faster and secure my place - too much power when baked too far over and out came the back end on the exit and off i went - no highside but as i came off the bike gripped and flipped itself onto its roof before sliding off down the tarmac - then it ws the usual bang crash, tarmac, sky, gravel, bang, sky stand up, fall back down because still moving, more gravel then stand up again (sucessfully), marshals, glance at bike, ushered away to scooter, ride of shame back to pits.

Post mortem - Jo says my rear shock has gone band overheats (its only done 50K Km), however as its the second time I've done that stupidity, red mist, or that ability to park common sense in the pits are more likely factors........or maybe one of those damn ducatis was leaking oil again!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Ah ..... good point matey !!!

On second thoughts ... forget all that 'I am my bike' shite ... !!

The idea of a right dirty slappa as a form of transport has an interesting ring to it .....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
jules the blade said:
Post mortem - Jo says my rear shock has gone bad overheats (its only done 50K Km), however as its the second time I've done that stupidity, red mist, or that ability to park common sense in the pits are more likely factors........
50,000km's Jeeeezus well could be your problem :rolleyes:

Sounds like you left your brain in the toolbox as per any good racers preparation, bound to bite you every now and again though....

Glad to hear you came away in one piece. So the Big Bad Blade is sporting an aftermarket tank and fairing now then??? Might be time for the Repsol colors to go on :eek: :eek: (Sure Tug's got a spare tin or two of his dogs spew orange :hurl:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes i have a new racing tank that not only holds less fuel (no endurance racing for me) but also been remoulded to incorporate a dent that strangely resembles the shape of my lid - i have no idea how that happned - as for aftermarket fairing that should really read "second hand" - she will live to fight another day if i can get the HISS immobilser done. Do you know any Honda wiring gurus in Aus that would know how i could either remove the immobiliser or replace it cheaply?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts