Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about this... I remember reading a post in the Redline section about setting up some sort of text messaging chain for weekend rides. One of you guys from Lewiston/Portland area should do that. Just grab everyone Cell number so you can text people about upcomming rides. It would be a lot easier than checking the board every friday afternoon before heading out.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think a phone call is the best method!

I have my email on me at all times, blackberry. So I can be reached that way. Why don't we just post cell numbers for people who ride in a thread so we can call when we wanna get together!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't care if my number is out here. What's the worst that can heppen?

maybe some horror stories will change my mind......

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mainerdr said:
I don't care if my number is out here. What's the worst that can heppen?

maybe some horror stories will change my mind......

Unknowingly, one day, you piss off everyone on the board. suddenly, 31,000+ people that dont like you have your cell number. Have you ever had 31,000 people prank calling you?

One of my friends from Cali had a problem with about 6 different people calling her at really odd times of the day, like 3AM. This was an every day occourance... and of course, since its posted on the net, any one of 23 billion people have access to it, so you will never know who it is.

Sure, if something like that happens, you can always switch your number, but that is quite the inconvenience. I have had to change my phone number 3 times in the last year because of one person. :2cents:

If we get somethin going for the summer, I will more than happily PM my number, but im not going to post it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts