Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool, it worked. I just wanted to make sure that my new computer would let me down load from photobucket. My old one wouldn't.

This is Hells Canyon back home in Oregon. I hope to get back there to ride around some day!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, its actually really close to the Idaho border. We used to do alot of fishing down there on the Snake River. There are miles and miles of roads like that! It's awsome!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

I once jumped across the Snake River in the 1970's using my rocket-powered motorcycle.

~ Blue Jays ~

Blue Jays did you forget to take your medication again??? They really are for your own good, please just keep taking them, you will get better soon... ;)

-M-

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi mstrand_68:

Tell me you don't remember hearing stories about Evel Knievel and all his silly motorcycle jumps!

He failed to jump the Snake River aboard something he called the SkyCycle back in the day. I'd have to do the internet research to obtain the exact date and the details. He apparently drifted into the canyon when one of the parachutes deployed ahead of schedule and made the bike go too slow to make it all the way across.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi mstrand_68:

I'm only a couple years older than you...don't rub it in! All the little kids in my neighborhood used to pedal around their bicycles pretending to do death-defying jumps. I remember the boys acting like they were Evel Knievel and "breaking" another bone in their arm or leg and the girls pretending to be nurses to fix them.

That guy crashed more than he successfully completed stunts.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
746 Posts
That reminds me of when I broke my arm in the 2nd grade playing army. One of the girls wanted to play a nurse so we let her. After doing my cart wheel off the log stumps and making myself a new elbow in my forearm she came running up saying she would fix it. Girls...:rolleyes:

-M-

·
Registered
259 Posts
xtreme1k said:
Yeah, its actually really close to the Idaho border. We used to do alot of fishing down there on the Snake River. There are miles and miles of roads like that! It's awsome!!!!!!!!!!

So there's another Oregonian out there eh? haha:D

I lived in Salem for the first 18 years of my life and now i'm down here in Florida. Absolutely beautiful country...i never realized just how much so till i went back for fall break. I never got a bike till i moved down here, but man i had some fun on them in my car. I deffinitely don't miss all the rain but it makes me homesick just thinking about it...even tho my home is now in Branson MO, just as many great mountain roads.

I never got a chance to fish on the Snake, but i think i've been to just about every other piece of water in that state...ever been to the crooked? Great mountain/desert roads much like your picture and the flyfishing for trout is amazing...ahh i can't wait to take a trip out of this flat ass state...but for some reason i love it down here too...don't think it could have anything to do with the gorgeous woman everywhere do you? haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FloridaMx5 said:
So there's another Oregonian out there eh? haha:D

I lived in Salem for the first 18 years of my life and now i'm down here in Florida. Absolutely beautiful country...i never realized just how much so till i went back for fall break. I never got a bike till i moved down here, but man i had some fun on them in my car. I deffinitely don't miss all the rain but it makes me homesick just thinking about it...even tho my home is now in Branson MO, just as many great mountain roads.

I never got a chance to fish on the Snake, but i think i've been to just about every other piece of water in that state...ever been to the crooked? Great mountain/desert roads much like your picture and the flyfishing for trout is amazing...ahh i can't wait to take a trip out of this flat ass state...but for some reason i love it down here too...don't think it could have anything to do with the gorgeous woman everywhere do you? haha
Never made it to the crooked, but I've heard of it. I lived in LaGrande, at the far eastern part of the state. The Grande Ronde River ran right through my home town. We would skip school to go fishing alll the time. I hope to retire back there some day. When I took my wife back to meet my family she fell in love with it, and said she would have no trouble moving from the corn fields of central Illinois to the beautiful mountains of Oregon. There's no place like home!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts