Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for private sellers to not let potential buyers test ride the bike that's for sale?

I ask b/c I looked at a ninja a couple weeks ago and the kid wouldn't let me test ride it. Said he was scared that I would drop it. Instead he offered to ride it for me at which I replied "well if that's the best you can do..." So he takes it down the street and takes the bike up to a whopping 30mph and let the engine scream to a ridiculous rpm of maybe 5k. I got to see a 2003 zx-6rr in action let me tell you.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Chino_Mike said:
...I looked at a ninja a couple weeks ago and the kid wouldn't let me test ride it...
Would you let someone you don't know ride your bike?

Neither would I. I'd have asked you for a 100% deposit, then you could test ride the hell out of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please sign on the dotted line. Dont mind that the rest is blank, I'll fill it in later. Trust me.

No way you're riding my bike without buying it first. I'd just as soon sign a blank check.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that just makes buying a used bike more stressfull. Guess I'll just have to take my time and find one I'm 100% comfortable buying.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts