Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Radio Flyer? I gotta know what's behind that.:D

Hey Don, I'm here but I'm pretty sure you have already seen my posts. We need to get the word out to Edge, JoeDog, Clayfbusa, BrianF4I et all, to come over here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
JRA said:
Steve, Isn't that a little red wagon? I used to have one. Then I got a motorcycle and it just wasn't as much fun anymore.
John, you never cease to amaze me with your keen observations!:D Yeah, I figured I'd go for a name that was less conspicuous while giving me the option of changing bike brands. Besides, I have enough kids and they have the wagon.:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
whAAAAASUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuppp

Hey hey hey, well this is where everyone regrouped! Good to see everyone so here is a nice big hello:twofinger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dudes!

How goes it? Ready for Little T yet? I'm gettin there. Just ordered all kinds of go fast goodies for the RC. New Penske rear shock, sharkskinz, and H2/M2 combo tires (Monte says "hey").

Now I just wish I could have gotten the front reworked before going! Oh well, guess I'll just have to settle for lapping ol Mr. "Lap Traffic"! Bwaaaaahaaaaaaaa!:twofinger

·
Registered
3 Posts
ha-------DICK

Laugh now edge- im gonna hit your kill switch when i pass your slow ass:twofinger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Clay's in da hizzoouusseee! :twofinger hehe

I'm getting geared up to go myself fellas. Got the Ohlins shock arriving today, and like Edge, I didn't have the time or money to get my forks worked on yet :( I'll hopefully be getting a set of tires off of Jason Smith, if not then I'll probably just go over to Craig and pick up a set at Kenny's. I can't wait :D

You guys gonna be out on Sunday? We need to discuss plans as to when we're leaving and where we're staying!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joe and I will be there. I think most are staying at the Holiday Inn Express and suites in Oxford AL. It's about 15-20 minutes from the track and there are a few of your typical Bar&Grill type places to eat close by. There is also a Hot Tub and pool which will be great to relax in after a track day. That's where we stayed last time and the Hotel is fairly new and very clean. Don, Chris, Joe and I are all staying till Monday. I'd recommend it if you have the vacation time cause you'll be worn out by the end of the day on Sunday. As technical as Little T is, it will give you a work out!:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Kewl. What's the cost on the rooms? I'm sure Barry, Donald, Jason and I will split a room to keep the cost down. Do you guys already know what the room number is? It'd be good if we could all get a room by each other. We need to work out the details on leaving and such so we can all travel together. As long as Jason's trailer can hold 3 bikes, then I'll be in with Jason and Barry. If not, I guess the Paseo will be cartin' just me and the bike :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't remember the cost of the rooms but if your splitting the room 4 ways it won't be that much regardless. Keep in mind that if you book a room with two double beds, they won't let you use a roll away due to some fire code BS so you may want to take a couple of air mattresses if anyone is too homophobic to sleep in a double bed with another guy!

Also, if your not a member of Sportbiketracktime, they are going to waive the $15 membership fee for this event since it is the last one of the year so the total two day fee is only $210. There is a $5.00 per person rider/spectator gate fee also.

They also need corner workers for the event, so if anyone would like to work a day and ride a day, they will pay you with a free day of riding for corner working the other (or will pay $60). They provide a continental breakfast (typically bananas and honeybuns), lunch (subs, chips and soft drinks) and Gater-Aid and Ice Water. Camping is also available at the track for Fri and Sat nights.

Joe and I will be leaving at about 12:00 PM or earlier on Fri. we may try to get there a little early on Fri to go BS with the track guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One more thing. Little T is extremely hard on tires. Count on trashing a set during the two days. The pavement is smooth but has jagged gravel for great grip.

Sportbiketracktime is running a special on Michelin tires:

H2 front $125.95, rear $148.95

M2 Front $144.95,rear $151.95

(H2 rear recommended) I'm going to run a M2 front/H2 rear combo.

Pilot Slicks and rains front $164.95, rear $215.95

They are also running a great special on Pilot Race 1's (120/70 front and 180/55 or 190/50 rear set for $250)

Call Monte or Bonnie at 419-868-8703 to order or reserve tires. they can mount and balance at the track also.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
clays929 said:

Track day, 19th/20th. :) Sign up on sportbiketracktime.com if you'd like. 225 for both days!!!!
Damn that's a pretty good price but that's the GNF weekend. Thanks for the info though. You guys have fun. :cool:

BTW, Clay drop me a line if you are out this way anytime soon or down at the Gap. I'm probably going to go down there this weekend. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I should be ok on tires. I'm either going to get a set from Jason over at Smith Bros. or else I'll just get a new set from Craig. I think he said he's got the Bridgestone BT001 racing tires in. Man, I LOVED those tires!!!!!! I just called and he said if I bring the wheels to him for mounting and balancing, 276 total :D I'll go see what Jason has in this weekend though. Barry said he just got alot of tires from the Blountville store.

I know I won't be able to leave that early. I've still gotta work :( But I can probably get off by 1, then head home. I'll hopefully have everything ready to go for the most part, especially if I get to ride with Jason and Barry.

RC, you should make your way UP HERE sometime. I personally enjoy being up here alot more than I did at the gap. Just too much crap going on over there, I hate the gap now :finger: Hopefully someday we'll finally be able to get together for a track day or weekday dragon ride!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts