Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike is liquid cooled and i was wondering if it was normal for my temp to be rising when either i'm sitting in traffic or even if i'm waiting at a red light. normally the temp sits around 80 but i was stopped at a red light and i was watching it go up to 100 and then some, fortunately the light turned green just as it was about to rea ch the red area

·
Registered
298 Posts
YZF andy said:
my bike is liquid cooled and i was wondering if it was normal for my temp to be rising when either i'm sitting in traffic or even if i'm waiting at a red light.
Yes, that's normal. Cooling occurs when air blows through the radiator, so low speed allows the temperature to rise. However, your bike is equipped with an electric fan that should turn on when it gets too hot. Make sure the fan is working by letting the bike idle for a while. The fan should eventually start up and bring the temperature back down. If the temperature gauge reaches the red zone (or whatever indication it gives for overheating) before the fan turns on, the fan is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have a 2002 YZF600 and mine does the exact same thing. The cooling fan on these bikes dose not start until the temp gets pretty close to the red zone. Believe me, I know. I live in Phoenix. About 110 degrees today!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts