Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Just my :2cents: for what little they count...

They have gas. You need gas. Selling the gas is their business. If you found out the manager at the only store in town was buying crack with his paycheck, would you starve yourself or complain about the price of groceries, using his money as your arguement? Probably not. What the hell do you care what they do with their profit? People in England are paying the equivelant of 7.10/gal for gas, and we are whining because we have to pay $2.29 a galon? poor poor poor us... I think I'll go buy a violin and sit on the roof of my house playing sad music and singing about fuel. You have no idea how fortunate you are that 2.29 is ALL we are paying. Get over it already.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZX6R1033 said:

They have gas. You need gas. Selling the gas is their business. If you found out the manager at the only store in town was buying crack with his paycheck, would you starve yourself or complain about the price of groceries, using his money as your arguement? Probably not. What the hell do you care what they do with their profit? People in England are paying the equivelant of 7.10/gal for gas, and we are whining because we have to pay $2.29 a galon? poor poor poor us... I think I'll go buy a violin and sit on the roof of my house playing sad music and singing about fuel. You have no idea how fortunate you are that 2.29 is ALL we are paying. Get over it already.
that was supposed to be a joke, you have a very good point, one that I didnt look over in my own opinion of the matter, none the less, I thought it would be ironic/funny if I titled it that seeing as though there was a previous post about it...

chillax it a bit dude :cool:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
xdbx said:
that was supposed to be a joke, you have a very good point, one that I didnt look over in my own opinion of the matter, none the less, I thought it would be ironic/funny if I titled it that seeing as though there was a previous post about it...

chillax it a bit dude :cool:
Sorry bro... not one single bit of that was directed toward you. It's just the way I phrase things when I am trying to make a point... they always appear to attack people, but thats never the intent. I think its my usage of the words I, you, they...exc. :huh:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Amen to ZX
If they want to buy bad ass cars with their money that their buisness. Hell, if they buy american cars, the money is coming back to us.
Much better use for it than supporting suicide bombers around the world.

Thats said....

Lucky Bastards! Why coundnt I have been born a shiek?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I have discovered that my mom is not the person to ask about my ancestry...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:

Selling gas is their business. This isn't the point, the point is that in tragic times like hurricanes and such, these companies OVER inflate their prices, and make record profits again and again.

For example, let's say I own MedStar. My Ambulance rate if $100/hr. That is until you have a problem and call 911, at which time I decide you really "need' my services, so I decide to double it. When I find out you have no insurance, I double that again. My profits are way up. but you shouldn't worry yourself about it, cause I didn't do anything wrong, I have an ambulance, and you need one.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051027/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_exxon_mobil_5;_ylt=AtZu1veI2vBvawh7imltgA.AsnsA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

;)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
Selling gas is their business. This isn't the point, the point is that in tragic times like hurricanes and such, these companies OVER inflate their prices, and make record profits again and again.

For example, let's say I own MedStar. My Ambulance rate if $100/hr. That is until you have a problem and call 911, at which time I decide you really "need' my services, so I decide to double it. When I find out you have no insurance, I double that again. My profits are way up. but you shouldn't worry yourself about it, cause I didn't do anything wrong, I have an ambulance, and you need one.

;)

Sort of... it would be more like this....

Your ambulance fee is $100 to take people to the hospital 20 miles down the road. I call you in need of an ambulance... you double your price. You find out I have no ins, so you double it again. Do I NEED to go to the hospital 20 miles down the road when there is one 2 blocks down that I can get to for $50 bucks? Probably not.

They arent making a profit because of their higher prices nearly as much as they are because in these rough times, people still choose to go cruising, go for a sunday drive, grab a tank of gas for the boat this weekend... why not simply back off on the consumption? because we want what WE WANT... and we want it all right fkin now! if you are unwilling to back off on your usage, then you have no room to bitch about their profits.

;)

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
Sort of... it would be more like this....

Your ambulance fee is $100 to take people to the hospital 20 miles down the road. I call you in need of an ambulance... you double your price. You find out I have no ins, so you double it again. Do I NEED to go to the hospital 20 miles down the road when there is one 2 blocks down that I can get to for $50 bucks? Probably not.

They arent making a profit because of their higher prices nearly as much as they are because in these rough times, people still choose to go cruising, go for a sunday drive, grab a tank of gas for the boat this weekend... why not simply back off on the consumption? because we want what WE WANT... and we want it all right fkin now! if you are unwilling to back off on your usage, then you have no room to bitch about their profits.

;)
Just because you chose to still take a ride in my shiny ambalance, it doesn't justify my taking advantage of people in need, atleast not in my book.

Unfortunately, I still need to go to work, and this is where 90% of my consumption comes from. Americans wanting to buy gas for recreation still does not justify them raising their prices so much that they see double digit profit increases in 1 frickin quarter.

The funny thing is I heard on the radio the other day the recent price drop in the past 2 weeks in due to consumption being down :thumb:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Vash said:
Amen to ZX
If they want to buy bad ass cars with their money that their buisness. Hell, if they buy american cars, the money is coming back to us.
Much better use for it than supporting suicide bombers around the world.

x2!!! :thumbs2: As envious as I am, I have to admit that if it wasn't for these guys buying so many exotic cars these cars might never be built. So here's to supply meeting demand. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
The funny thing is I heard on the radio the other day the recent price drop in the past 2 weeks in due to consumption being down :thumb:

You argue with me... then prove my point... all in one post. THAT is talent. :thumb:

stubborn people with boats, rvs, ex is the reason they feel they are ALLOWED to raise the prices. dont take your boat out this weekend and bitch about the price of gas. do something about it. Look what happens when we do.

:2cents:

I just payed $2.29/gal when I filled up. wasnt more than a month ago I saw prices as high as $3.50/gal. Im glad its going back down... but IMO, they still have a long way to go.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
You argue with me... then prove my point... all in one post. THAT is talent. :thumb:

stubborn people with boats, rvs, ex is the reason they feel they are ALLOWED to raise the prices. dont take your boat out this weekend and bitch about the price of gas. do something about it. Look what happens when we do.

:2cents:

I just payed $2.29/gal when I filled up. wasnt more than a month ago I saw prices as high as $3.50/gal. Im glad its going back down... but IMO, they still have a long way to go.
I hardly call disagreeing with your opinion an argument. Consumption is less now than 5 months ago when gas was less than $2.00, but I'll refrain from insults as everyone is entitled to their an opinion.

The price of oil was almost the same when you paid $2.29, and when you paid $3.50. The gas Co's are whining about all this crap, and how this and that effects price, and voila, they report record profits, up double digits from the 1/4 before. This has nothing to do with consumption, and everything to do with taking advantage of the situation. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, SORRY IF IT DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOUR OWN. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
no insults you covered both sides at once. I was being genuine... thats tallent. Think about it.
Saying I heard somthing on the radio somehow says I agree with you?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
Saying I heard somthing on the radio somehow says I agree with you?

Noone said you agreed. I pointed out the fact that you were posting information which backed my theory.

Is this going to stay civilized? I've really had more than my fair share of go-arounds with the mods lately. If it isnt... I withdraw.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
Noone said you agreed. I pointed out the fact that you were posting information which backed my theory.

Is this going to stay civilized? I've really had more than my fair share of go-arounds with the mods lately. If it isnt... I withdraw.
I really wasn't posting info to back both sides as I was making a statement of how stupid I think this is, by saying "the funny thing is". Everybody believes everyything they hear on the radio, so I thought it was funny. Now, 3 Month's ago, Oil cost more per barrel, consumption was higher than it is today, gas was $1.80 a gallon, Today, with oil being less, and consumption down, gas is $2.35, well atleast here. Now, The gas companies use consumption and the price of Oil to justify their price, So, I apologize for any confusion, but I don't see anything here except gas companies taking advantage of us. And they all lived happily ever after.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts