Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a two part question ...

1. Only many race bikes I see a hose coming from the top of the tank running up the side of the screen and down ... usually clear ....

My guess is it somehow tells the rider ... 'something' ....

What is that 'something' ??

2. On the R7 pictured .... it's black rubber ... ???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Oh it's very complicated that is, you wouldn't understand :finger:

It's the tank breather!!!!!!

Race bikes aren't allowed to have a self ventilating breather filler cap ( or one that bleeds out under the tank or on the road).

It leads up ( usually the fairing) to be higher than the fuel level.

It's limited use as an indicator to the rider as by the time he heard the sucking noise ( no fuel) the engine would die:twofinger

Oh and if you want to cheat just stick a fag end up it or a rolled up Legends bar bill receipt Oh hang on they don't excist :thumb:

Many's the club racer finished the sighting lap only to die on the start :cool:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers PB ...... I actually understood that (fark .. I might be becoming an arm chair general ?? ... )

The pic .... a road version of the lovely R7 ;-)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Legend said:
a road version of the lovely R7 ;-)
If that's the case it's probably a dummy tube going no where :twofinger :twofinger Those things were decent, in the 90's ledge!!!! :p :p

So what is the grey button on the left bar, tell me it's a turbo boost like on playstation please???? :cool: Would be impressive if it changed the fuel map or something useful or is it just a kill switch???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Gotta disagree there GD . The R7 was and is a crackin bike. the perfect balance between weight. power and handling. ( at least till i get on it it is)
I remember the reviews by some of the press riders and they thought it was the bollocks. The only killer being the price.

I wish the gray button was "stunt" mode or laser guided thingy's. Afraid it will be lights or horn. Where's the farkin keyswitch then???

I think it's not standard roadir. I don;t remember the 1st one havin the dog leg clips for the upper fairing mounts or the breather either.
I don;t see inidicators ( or switch) either

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Def. has all the good bits and it's not junk even today, but I still say it'd get smoked by a current series litre machine with a few mods.......

Yeah seems to be a few vital components missing, bit like our mate Legend :cool: :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts