Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going to be at the Team Pro-motion trackday at Pocono on Aug. 20th? I'll be the one wobbling round in white group on the #11 CR250 (yes, they said I could ride the 'motard :D). If you are there, come on up and chat between sessions!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
As usual I'll be there. That will be the big track, so better pratice you tuck, your going to need it going down the long pond straight :)
I help in the trailer and instruct so I'll see you around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I'll be practising the tuck alright...as well as fitting the smallest rear sprocket I can find :D As long as none of the other fine folks in white group run me over down the straight, I'll be fine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The white is very kind so there is no problem there. That back straight is going to seem very very long for you, It was long on my GS500 so I can't image what it will be like for you, you might be able to check the oil and gas before you have to turn :)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
gs500rider said:
The white is very kind so there is no problem there. That back straight is going to seem very very long for you, It was long on my GS500 so I can't image what it will be like for you, you might be able to check the oil and gas before you have to turn :)
it's kinda funny, on the 400 once in a blue moon i started slapping the tail section of my bike like it was a horse on that straight (and that's just the east course part of it). i did that at summit when i went into one a gear too high. all the guys behind had no idea what i was doing and they all backed off a second. this and more secrets to not getting next to last place in later posts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Whatever works for you Tony use it, like you said you get away with it once. I did something like this in a formula car once, I was battling with someone and on the last lap going in to the last turn I flick on the rain light (little red light on the tail of the car) and he backoff, getting him to think it was a brake light and he fell for it. Needless to say he was pissed but I still finished ahead of him :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts