Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WooHoo!! :) I received my TPM membership stuff today. It came while I was track prepping the RC 51.

Thanks for the insight Tony. Maybe I can make it to Pocono for a track day with you next season. I going to try to make a winter trackday with TPM at Roebling Road. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
no problem john.

they're a great club.

next sunday, glenn is having a member appreciation day and dropped the price to 135 for the day. unfortunately i have plans.

glenn also said they'll have i think was 9 dates at the rausch creek track outside harrisburg, pa and several dates at vir (which geoff says is incredible).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

S

·
0 Posts
Posted by RCjohn <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>...It came while I was track prepping the RC 51.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Cmon John , Your leaving yourself wide open here ;)

How much is a day at the track usually ??

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited October 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:

How much is a day at the track usually ??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About $165 per day for members of TPM. :cool: But only cool people like Tony and me can get in so it would cost you much more. :rolleyes: :p :D

------------------
John

S

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>About $165 per day for members of TPM. But only cool people like Tony and me can get in so it would cost you much more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Whatever Racer boy..

I am going to F.A.S.T next year, It's a canadian school, I think its the only one ??
I will probably go to the Shannonville(Ont) track instead of St.Eustache(Que)..

I have a Q 4 U ... How do I find out about clubs around here ? I have searched the web up and down, Do I call each individual track ??

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:

I have a Q 4 U ... How do I find out about clubs around here ? I have searched the web up and down, Do I call each individual track ??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say that the dealerships are a good place to ask. If you know anyone that frequents the amateur racing events, ask them. Other than that, I would have to use the internet. I may be wrong, but I believe that Team Pro-Motion holds track days at Mosport in Canada. I don't remember where that is actually at so it may be of no help to you. Also, I think Team Hammer(the Valvoline Emgo Suzuki guys) still puts on classes and events in your part of Canada. Good luck in the search. :)

------------------
John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tony,

were you up at Pocono this last Saturday (14th)? Sadly they wouldn't let outsiders in to watch - (I rode up from Bucks County) Wasnt a total loss though - pretty sweet October day to be in the Mountains

- tw

------------------
Old enough to know better - young enough not to care

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
yeah, i was up there, they wouldn't let you in? that's a load. sorry, dude, it's normally not an issue.

actually, you likely got a nazi guard (some of them are a little too much into their job). because later in the day there were some guys on street bikes riding around.

as for finding out about clubs, go to moto-rama.com or get a subscription to roadracingworld and motorcycle technology (roadracingworld.com). they both have detailed listings of track clubs and schools.

john,

there was a guy in my group riding an rc51, they are really cool bikes. he doesn't have lowers on it, so you could see the 'hrc' on the cases. it was a sweet bike. he buried me on the big-end of the north course. i did pass him once in heavy traffic. the last time i was able to to ride with tpm, he didn't have a bike and was busting my balls about how slow i was. so i would try dicing it up with those guys when they were around. unfortunately on a 400 with a huge straight, there weren't many guys i could hang with there.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
tpm, 60/yr for membership, $70/day for cornerworking, other kick backs, racer discounts on parts....

------------------
Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts