Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance you guys know of something that will help tar and chip 'not stick' as it were? I have the distinct pleasure of living on a township road and if they chip it this year like they did last...well I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Here's a few pics from last year for the curious:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Holy f*ck! :eek: Roadworks did that to your bike???!!! That's gotta be dangerous as hell.

I can feel a lawsuit coming on...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That was from (believe it or not) powerwalking the bike out to the main road. Once. Had the pics snapped at the local detail/body shop.

Fortunately my insurance actually *gasp* covers this. They covered the detailing anyway. Wouldn't go for a new chain/sprocket because the adjustor couldn't see any damage to those parts.

The sound of tar-smeared gravel grinding through a chain is quite unpleasant however so the insurance check went to replacing that instead of getting the bike cleaned up. Rode the poor dear over to a buddy's house and we completely stripped the bike down and ran just about everything through his parts washer. Took forever to get a good coat of protectant back on, but them's the breaks.

Edit: Maybe if i completely coat the bike in tear-offs... :D

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Mate, at the very least I'd be lodging a complaint (photo's included) with your local elected representative.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is a appreciable that you are too good to manage your blog because actual meaning shadi onlineof blog dies if irrelevant comments remain for long time.For good postNEW TECHNIQUESknowledge based comments should be written so that people can learn from this blog.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weather conditions are very important when it comes to these surfaces and their installation. Hot, dry early summer weather almost always offers the best conditions. The liquid asphalt sticks best to warm dry surfaces. It also sticks to falling leaves and flower petals! This means that you don't want these things around when you are installing a tar and chip surface.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to show my appreciation to this writer just for rescuing me from this particular predicament. Just after looking through the world wide web and obtaining ways which were not powerful, I assumed my entire life was well over. Living minus the answers to the issues you have resolved all through the short article is a crucial case, and the ones that could have adversely affected my career if I hadn't come across your website. Your personal capability and kindness in dealing with every part was very helpful. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not come upon such a step like this. I can also at this moment look ahead to my future. Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only thing I can think off to prevent tar to stick on the paint is to protect the paint with sealant or pure wax. You will notice that it would be very easy to remove them every time you wash your bike. For stubborn tar use can use a kerosene and rinse it immediately with shampoo and water. About chip mess I guess is to ride slow in areas that has a lot of debris and rocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts