Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting the 10 liter Pocket Rocket. Anyone have this one? Anyone know where to get one for a discount?

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been using various tankbags for over 12 years and once you use one, you will wonder how you ever lived without one, LOL!!! Personally most brands a good, I use a $70.00 FOX deluxe tankbag and it works great.

I prefer the "non-magnetic" versions maybe a little more hassle but I've never seen one fly off even in a crash. OTOH, I've seen magbags fly of from a good bump in the road but I'm sure they have "improved" them since I decided not to use them!!

------------------
BJ Ondo, "Old Fart"
Colorado
1980 GS1100E Suzuki
"The 1980's Hyabusa"

[This message has been edited by motorcyclerider (edited July 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know this doesn't fall under the protective gear category but would like to share this. Recently while at the Laguna races I came across a product booth for Marsee clothing and luggage. I purchased their 24 liter tank bag and to put it mildly I am extremely impressed. The quality is extremly high, materials superb, ballistic nylon and #10 zippers (they will last for ever). No I don't work for them, they just make a superior product and I am sharing info. Did I mention that they are made here in the good ole US of A and come with a lifetime warranty. Check out there web site http://www.marseeproducts.com

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

[This message has been edited by RLJ3RD (edited July 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just got my Marsee tank bag in the mail today. Ordered it one week ago from the Marsee website and it arrived via UPS today. Let me tell you, this is an awesome tankbag. Lots of pockets and the workmanship and "added extras" are really impressive. It fits the F4 wonderfully with 8 really strong magnets and a strap for around the triple to make sure it doesn't come off for any reason.

Thanks to my bro, RLJ, who helped me make my final decision. What a great bag!!

All this being typed out by a person who typically HATES tank bags. :eek:

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

E

·
0 Posts
Stacia,
Let us know how it wears on you and your bike after you've had it for awhile. I'm looking at tankbags, only because I'm beginning to think it is a necessity, I don't really like the thought of anything that might scratch my bike. I'd like to hear how it goes since you admit you don't like tankbags.

------------------

·
Registered
169 Posts
yes, rug burn, i have the 10 litre size, i love it, it unzips to 20 litre, i pretty much use it in the 10 litre size mode, i use it on my F4, magnetic only, i never use the strap that comes with it that will go around the steering head.i have never had it come loose or move around.
as for a discount,..don't know, i lucked out and got mine at a shop that was closing out up in victoria BC.

------------------
texas tornado #2

·
Registered
27 Posts
I checked em all out and there's no doubt that RKA is the best - but it's also pricey...

------------------
"The woodman does more by skill than by brute force; by skill the pilot guides his storm-tossed barque over the sea, and so by skill one driver can beat another."

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
After getting the Ventura system, no tankbag will ever touch my bike again!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
I was thinking of getting the 10 liter Pocket Rocket. Anyone have this one? Anyone know where to get one for a discount?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Pocket Rocket Clark. Oh sorry wrong forum. I need the www.XXXBiker.com ;) :D :p

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have been using my Eclipse magnetic tankbag for about two years now and I agree, I don't know how to live without it. It is just so useful and stores so much. I prefer the magnetic type for convienience and do use the safety strap. So far it hasn't ever come off and it has hit a few *big* bumps...

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
Moderator, ZR-Riders Mailing List

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
I have a Pocket Rocket Clark. Oh sorry wrong forum. I need the www.XXXBiker.com ;) :D :p

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't tease me with bad links!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, I said a 10 liter pocket rocket, not your 10ml fire cracker :D

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts