• No

Votes: 67 33.2%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tank Protection

Yeah the thought of banging my berries off it keeps my tank protected :D ..................but seriously i have a factory katana tank bra.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was that Tank or Nad protector?!?
Anybody else suffer from that panic attack
when it all goes to sleep on ya, and you start
searching your pants for it as you pass by cars
swearing you have been demasculined
by your tank and it is lying in the road behind
you next to some road kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
BirdXX said:

No, I think that is just you...

:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Personally, "Daddy's Fuzzy Luggage" (Penile Euphemism of the Day), only comes in contact with the tank whilst hitting a bump in the twisties. I purposely try to avoid the tank in everyday riding by riding with the pegs resting a smidge behind the balls (any corelation?) of my feet. It tends to make me sit a bit further back on the seat; thus protecting the "Bad clown" (another Penile Euphemism for you):D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Re: Tank Protection

Tristan said:

Do you have the matching fairing bra? Suweeeetttt...
Actually, its on order. :D they told me that they are made of genuine naugahyde leather and it will take some time to catch enough naugas to make the fairing bra, but because of the delay i get an aditional 15% off the quoted price.

Matching fairing bra.....u smuckin fartass :twofinger lmao

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just had my tank painted black, I went the a Sears Hardware store picked up some black and White checkered contact paper and put it on the tank inserts and across the back of the tank. I works great. I was a toss up between the checkered or clear contact paper. The first picture in my gallery, you can kinda see what I did.

Total cost was about $3 and about 1 hour to apply it. Hair dryer helped with applying it to get around the curves.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cheap Insurance

My father in law gave me his Air Force issue flight suit after retiring. I wear it when I ride in 33-40 degree weather. The suit has several zippers. Without my Suzuki tank bra the paint would get a good scratching.

Obviously one wants to avoid wearing clothing or belts that have sharp edges which could damage paint, but sometimes for leisurely commutes, ya wear what ya wear. And having a tank bra for me is a good piece of mind.

BOTTOM LINE: Cost of a Tank Bra- $32
Touch up work- It can get ugly:eek:

Everybody take care and ride a little slower than Angels fly:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
BirdXX said:
I HATE it when that happens:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tankslappers - Awesome product, excellent price. Never moves once it's on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Air box cover

My seat comes up enough in the front to provide a nice nad cushion. :D

Even though my air box cover is made out of molded-in-color plastic I would rather keep it from getting scratches than have to buff out scratches. So, I use a clear vinyl sheet with adhesive to protect it from scratches. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
You always want to take due care in protecting the twig and giggleberries while riding. Getting onto said conveyance is where the greatest danger lies. I am a boxers guy and I have had the unfotunate experience of the twins seeking lower ground when swinging my leg over. You guessed it....sat right on em. Good thing I hadn't retracted the side stand.

This was provided as a public service announcement, yet I have an odd feeling (no pun intended) that it will be remembered for sheer comedic value... until it happens to you! :crying:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts