Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to get over to Talladega on the 26th or 27th. Anyone else coming?

Oh yeah. I am officially #649 now. :D

Jon... how's #50 coming?

John...?

Richard...?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Joss, what is wrong with 123?"

I dunno. My membership card just came in with #649. I guess somebody else in WERA, somewhere, already had it. :(

It wasn't a real "fateful" number anyway I guess. When I got to the registration window at Roebling, that first morning, I had sort of had my brain set on the luckiness of the number they were going to issue me; sort of like getting a fortune cookie. I was kind of excited to see what it would be.

Turned out, though, the lady just looked at me and said, "Well, what number do you want?" Instant brain lock. There I am at the front of the registration line, faced with a life or death question of what my "luck number" will be. :eek:

All I could think of was 666.... no way! Next best was just "one, two, three"... score zero for degree of difficulty and zero for style. Sigh.

I like the picture though... :D. The yellow helmet and green shirt goes well with the yellow plates, don't you think?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The second one is better, hope it is viewable now.
You see the other post with the Roebling pictures? hehehe.
I am going next weekend to pitbitch for a buddy at NFMP. I won't be able to make Talladega. I need to pay off a card and want to have some race savings funds just in case. The new money doesn't start coming till next week so........
Yall have fun though. I had thought about trying to make Carolina in 3/4? weeks. CCS race, but I am licensed in both.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I spoke to fast. Dumped my 6R on Sunday and I'm probably down for a month. Rung my chimes pretty good and sprained my ankle. Scratch me for this one. :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the lag in answering, I just came in Friday for a couple hours. This morning is my first day back.

I don't really know what happened. Landed on my head and have zero memory of it. It happened on the Savannah "racetrack", a route of public streets built for indy-car events that never came to fruition.

The ambulance guys later said that the fellow that was there with me when they got there described what sounds like a low-side changing to a high-side... "the bike slid then popped up and threw you over the top." From that I guess I was working a specific set of corners that I like there, and lost it. This was Sunday the 14th, probably about 1030, so it had no traffic at all.

Result:

I looked at the bike Friday and it is cosmetically damaged just about everywhere. Might not be any structural problems. It obviously rolled through 360 degrees, though.

Mostly, I just feel like I've been run over in a stampeed. I have a pretty bad general sprain in my left ankle... like maybe it got hyper-extended, and a pretty good concussion. No memory of the event, Sunday morning or afternoon, at all. Effective memory begins fluttering into back into reality Sunday evening.

I had everything on... leathers, race boots, race gloves, Arai. Several places where the leathers and boots took punishment, but nothing corresponds to where I hurt now. Places where I hurt have no marks. That's weird :eek:

Only one place where the skin was broken at all was on my left elbow, which was probably a "rug burn" from the leathers.

Man, I LOVE this safety equipment. :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"The track bike was supposed to mean you weren’t going to do envelope expansion on the street anymore."

Uhhh... an intelligent person could probably think that... yes. I sometimes doubt that we are dealing with one, here, though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Joss, sorry to hear you went down and get well soon. The memory loss thing happens, you mind does not really want to remember what happened anyways.

I know a rider that low sided at a track event last year and does not remember that day at all, before and after he went down. He hit his head a good shot, rightside of the helmet was scraped up real good. We joke with him about it, he takes it in stride, but he's fine now.

Get Well...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! :D I'm well on the mend.

Looks like the greatest damage may have been at home... "You don't think you are getting on that damn BIKE again, do you??!! :mad: "

Well, yeah, I do. ;) But there is a right time and a wrong time to meet a question like that. :)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Ouch, give her time to see you're okay and hopefully she'll get past her fears of you being hurt real bad.:(

So now all you need is race plastic to fix the 6 and, oh my, it's a new track bike for next year:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What a silly thought, what am I thinking.;)

Heal fast

1 - 20 of 27 Posts