Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta Gixxer 98 750 in blue and white a couple of weeks ago.. learnin the thing real quick... ive ridden everyday since ive gotten cuz i have no car roight now.. i used my insurance from my car to get it.. hehe.. i love it. knowin me.. soon i'll be doin wheelies and endos.. and carvin those turns.. my boy juss got a y2G R1.. and now we're set.. but any advice on the mission impossible wheelies and endos would be appreciated..

damn fasss learner..
peace
the dragon

------------------
where da girls at?

G

·
Gixxerboy,

Welcome! Man, that must be cool, you and your son riding together. Can't wait till mine is old enough to be on the street with me. Got a ways to go, though, he's only 6.

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and tell your boy congrats!! :D :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited June 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited June 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
An endo is a stoppie gone too far, so I wouldn't suggest attempting those.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Somehow, when he says boy I really don't think he's referring to his son. :) Of course I could be wrong but I think he is referring to a close friend (boy being slang).

Anyway, welcome dude!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
:DAfter consulting my "Modern American Slang" thesaurus and dictionary, I must agree with giovanni :D. This dude has no son (yet: sportbikes can do that to a person though...hehehe :D :p), just a buddy who he rides with. I may be wrong, it's just not likely; and of course I say that in all humbleness...LOL.

Either way...welcome dude. Nice bike. Have fun and ride safe!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhaah~! man.... slang is great isnt'.. i must have a kid thasss old enough to ride wit me when im 21~!!... its all good tho.. thanks for the welcome and a stoppie is the same thing as an endo isn't it?>>>. thass what i thought.... some let meknow .. thanks..

joseph the dragon

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
68 Posts
An endo is when you do a stopie a little to well and end up kissing the asphalt right in front of your bike. The bike usually finds a soft spot to land though=(on you). A endoverend is when...........well.........let's just stop there for now.

Mike

------------------
A man's got to know his limitations

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whats fellow riders.. i went on a sunday ride this weekend. to the rocks store on Muholland.. Man was that ride fun. like i previously said. my "boy" got his new R1 and we went a ridiN.. so we went up hwy 1 saw a jillion riders. and went up some canyon road to mulholland way. or drive. or something.. so n e ways.... that was fun, the twisties,the sun. and of course the tight ass coast.... by the way?.. can somebody tell me how you do a stoppie?.. i know how to do one on a bmx.. but im afraid to wash out the front of my motorocycle.. tryin to do one..

thedragon once again

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dan f4.. do i have to kinda lean the bike forward and myself like i used to do on bmx bikes..?... also do you know how to get those happy face icons into the message text like alot of these messages have?>. let meknow thanks

thedragon

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It will defin. help if you lean forward.. If you don't want to lean just pull the brake a little harder (I don't lean, I just use more brake).

Go to the "FAQ" in the upper right of the front page of the forum: Announcements
Daily Rider
Race Chat
etc. etc.
It will tell you there how to post them.
Like if you want to post a smile you
just : D but now don't put a space in between the two.

Let me know if it works for ya.. :) :( :eek: :D ;) :p and so on.........

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited June 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
To do a stoppie you just find a nice area to practice. Don't go too fast. Apply the front brakes, you will need to keep pulling harder until the back end comes up. Once it comes up to where you like it slowly let go (slow) and it goes back down..

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!! :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:) :D :( ;( hmmmm...let see

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You get the idea!! :)

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:( ;) :D :p:eek: aroight dan f4... thanks for your help...

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dan f4.. your fass... thanks tho... so whats been done to your bike... pipe.jet.custom modifications.. etc?..

thedragon

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have a Yosh Carbon exhaust, jet kit, timing advance, steel lines, blinker mods, no rear fender. I think that is about it. :D

How about you?

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
as you probably know.. i gotta gixxer 750 98'....its got a couple of carbon fiber pieces .. on llike the triple clamp.. and its got a two brothers slip on.. came wit the bike.. and the rear fender is cut off.. the license plate is under the seat.. im about get the yoshimura tri oval.. full pipe.. for my bike.. can't wait..
:D
thedragon

------------------
where da girls at?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts