Sportbike World banner

take your helmet in with you?

6K views 58 replies 36 participants last post by  zlicius 
#1 ·
Do you guys usually leave your helmet with your bike or take it in with you?

I usually leave it with the bike, but it depends where I am or what the weather is like.

#9 ·
I always take it with me. I don't have a helmet lock and it would be too easy for someone to snag it, even if they didn't really want it, just to be an ass.

#11 ·
Take it with you. Once upon a time, many years ago, I had been out riding and stopped at a "quickie mart" - you know the type of place I'm sure - to get some odd or end. Well, I pulled up to the door, right up front, with the wheel practically in the door. There was a car with "kids" parked on my left, who gave me the eye as I pulled up. I took off the helmet put it on the left mirror and walked in the store. I walked on in and realized that I had left my wallet in the trunk under the bike seat. So I turned around and went back out the same door, which had not closed yet, since I only gone a step or two inside. Well guess what? Those creep kids had snatched my helmet and were hauling ass out of the parking lot. By the time I got my bike started it was just too late to catch them.

TAKE YOUR HELMET WITH YOU !!! It can disappear in the blink of an eye.

#16 ·
You have to consider how helmets are constructed. everything is replaceable....if a part wears it is intended to be replaced. Thus if you were to somehow get the d ring bent, the whole piece can be replaced....thus, any thief that wants your lid simply cuts the D strap and gets a new one for $8. There goes your $200-$600 in a jiffy!!

Take it with you!! In stores....take care if it!!!

P

#17 ·
I take my helmet with me, infact i dont even take it off. I walk around the store with it on. Hmm...maybe thats why i get these strange stares.....

LOL j/k

No i always take my helmet with me, unless for some reason theres no place to store it, like maybe a restaraunt. Im very possessive of my helmet, its an Arai-Rx7RR, hell if im gonna let some punk scratch/bump it by leaving it on the bike.

#18 ·
i have a helmet lock, but either i'm not smart enough to angle the D into the lock or its just too small for my helmet cause i can't get it to work. and i spend too much money on it to leave it there just to be stolen so i carry mine at all times!

#22 ·
antonio said:

I bite the bullet and carry it with me. Besides, maybe you will walk pass a hot chick and the helmet can be a conversation starter.... :D
That "conversation starter" stuff might work for you, but my days for that working are long over. :( I carry mine so I can whack 'em over the head and drag 'em out to the bushes if I'm interested.:D

#25 ·
you know, i love it when i go into mcd's and set my helmet on the counter and then they are dumb enough to ask if i want it for here or to go.... DUH! i want it to go, NOT! ;) lmao! i mean, hello, it's the clue phone, for you mr md's person!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.