Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard would it be to modify the tail section on a yzf600r to look more like that of the 99+ R6's. I like the Thundercat, its midrange pull and more real-world use sounds like a good matchup, but Im not a big fan of the fatter rear end. Would a 99 r6 tail section fit, or would I be better of just doing something like an undertail? Im looking for a bike to purchase and I can't really see anything wrong with the 600r other than its kinda portly rear. thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am curious on this as well. I have been look at a 600r and the tail is the only thing I don't love. But on the flip side if you changed the tail would it stil be as comfortable of a ride?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Reasons not to modify it--

--There is a reasonable amount of storage under there

--The stock seat is WAY more useful if your girlfriend is out of gradeschool, since it is not so high up there like R6 AND it has grab handles

--you could save the $$$ and the time and be riding. ;)

I don't like to steer anyone away from this fine site, but you should check out www.yzf600r.com, look at "Most common questions", find "what is main site?" go there and look in the garage/galleries of pictures. I think the back looks much better than the front, personally. Haven't done anything about it, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the site JRM was referencing is www.yzf600r-usa.com

That site has all kinds of options listed for the 600r, including only using the underside of the R6 pan that has been cut to fit the 600R. This way the seat and upper portion of the tail aren't effected. You have to look through the forums though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Indeed!

If you ever get tired of all the goofball squidliness that can often be found on this forum, I would highly recommend the YZF spot.

I am 2wheelsrbest there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts