Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I connected a tail light converter to a 99 ZX-9. The front signals blinked really fast, is this normal on a Kawasaki? I've read before where on some bikes you need to replace the flasher in order to have the converter work properely. Or did I just have a bad ground connection.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
fast flash

Blue - the signals blink faster because there is less load to the system. You can replace the flasher or splice some resistors inline with the front signals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Minger I assume this faster than normal blinking is harmless, but would still like to fix it. What type of resister do I need to install and where inline does it go ( what wire )? Is it easier to just replace the flasher? What type of flasher do I need?

THANKS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tailight integrator

You can try a 5ohm 10 watt resitor wired across the blinker wire to load it down. Wire it from the 12v side of the blinker wire to ground. This will simulate the light bulb being on the circuit. You might check and see if the resistor gets hot first before you hard wire it in, let the blinker run a few minutes and check the resistor. If it does get hot then use a 10watt resistor. You will have to do this on both the left and right sides.

Good luck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts