Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News Flash:
In one of the very few smart moves I've made investing this year, one of them was putting in a sell order on my Harley stock at $55.25, which happened to be within an 8th of the high. So, for at least one transaction, I'm the man :D (We won't discuss the blood-letting of the rest of my investments).

I've also decided, that while I've truly enjoyed the Road King, it's time has past for me and I need to move on. The ads started in the paper today. Bye bye Road King. Yes, I've turned from the Dark Side

Now for a request. I'm thinking of saving a few bucks and buying something a year or two old. I'm rather fond of VFR's and K1200RS are nice but a tad pricey, but they have comfy ergos yet retain a sporting nature. Suggestions, comments?

Ride safe,
Kev
(soon to be former THB)

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can't get rid of the Harley! Who else is going to talk sense into us when we get to bashing the guys from Milwaukee?

You should get a Hayabusa. I heard they're kinda fast.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scary thing is, I really like the looks of the 'Busa, but good lord I'll kill myself with a rocket like that! Although....hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Do it...... DOOOOOOOO IT....................... DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT.

Just a friendly little voice in the back of your mind????????;)

I think the Busa is a SWEEEEEEAAAAAT lookin bike with a lot of individuality among a sea of look alike bikes.

Might be my street bike of choice come Graduation in Dec.?????

Futura/FJR/Gix1/Busa????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh but first will be my sv650 track bike!!!!

The YZF will hold a lot longer if necessary because I have to go racing, first priority.:cool:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
It's the Wing or the 'Busa.;) With those two tied for first, the VFR would be a distant second. Good luck. This is gonna' be FUN!:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Used Blackbirds are going cheap, you don't get the idiots bidding the prices up on them like 'Busa's! Besides, do you really need to go faster than 170 mph? Nothing wrong with the 'Busa, but the deal I got on the Bird was great, and it's extremely reliable ..... bulletproof actually. With the new Bird coming out next year, you should be even able to get a '02 from a dealer cheap.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I don't know if this is being petty or concentrating on something that's really not a problem but

LINKED BRAKES = :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :barf: :barf: :barf:

No XX until they treat it like a flagship sportbike that should be ridden by people who know WTF they're doing, imho

:D

Oh, and what kind of headache is working on the expected v-tech head going to involve??:confused:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just happened to stop by the bike shop today, and just happened to sit on the Busa they had there. Hmmm, wonder what I could get for the Bandit?:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!

You might want to look at a used BMW R1100RT or a R1100RS or even a R1100S (the one with the mufflers under the seat) They all can be had with really neat luggage systems. Just make sure they have been dealer service at each required interval. IMHO

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've demo'd the BMW R series a number of times. While they certainly corner better than the Harley, I found that they vibrated just as much, and quite frankly, the Harley would out accelerate the RT (but not the RS). Granted, the Harley is a far cry from stock, but I have an appetite for a tad more power in my next machine. Whether or not I dive into horsepower heaven with a XX or 'Busa, well that's another story.

The VFR is an intriguing alternative, assuming I can find a killer deal on a '00 or '01. I think I'll pass on an '02. I am a tad concerned about the linked brakes, but to be honest, I don't consider myself that great of a rider, so I don't think the linked brakes will cause me fits.

I'm kinda hoping to have the RK sold in the next few weeks and get serious about this replacement issue. I'm getting excited at the prospect of a new bike :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think you've suffered a Harley POS for so long that you deserve a BUSA!!!
I get a boner everytime I see one of those go by(which is pretty hard to explain to the wife).
You know you want it:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts