Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of these yesterday and frustrated myself for about an hour installing them :barf: patchetic, i know, but I could barely fit my hands in there to take out and replace the OEM bulbs.

Anyway, I'm real impressed with the Silverstars. They do cost $40 a pair, but...they produce a really nice brilliant white light (not at all yellow like most Halogens) and they are WAY brighter than the stock bulbs I had on there, I'd say around 50% brighter. I wanted them for day and night riding for better visibility (by other cages) in traffic. I think they'll help b/c it's nearly blinding to look straight at them even in the daytime.

Has anyone else tried these bulbs or others that are better than OEM ones?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I was thinking of trying something like this

Pricey, but it should make quiet a difference...

Item number 8031706438.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Posted a number...
BTW, does anyone know where I can find out what kind of bulb my bike uses? I'm pretty sure its an H7 but not certain..

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I wanted them for day and night riding for better visibility (by other cages) in traffic.
yeah, reduces risk. I got hit last night by a cager, sucked ass. I had my brights on too, but this woman in a green toyota camry coming out of a BP station pulls right out beside of me in heavy traffic. I was going 15mph, 3ft behind the car in front of me, bights on, and yet she didn't see me. I swirved out to the double yellow lines, but she still hits my right leg in the process. I managed not to lay it down, but if I did, she'll get a can of whoop ass from hell. After she hits me, she didn't even slow down, just kept going. Damn bitch.

I should invest in a 2.5 million candle powered spot light and attatch it on a rotating handle so when people are about to swirve in front of me, a blinding spot light will be shined in their faces to notice me. Damit, i hate riding in full traffic and at night.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vash - check the owner's manual, if you haven't already.

JBAZ - that really sucks, but good you had time to swerve and didn't lay it down. were you injured? I've had people try to hit my in my car too, so i wouldn't say it's always just a fact of being invisible to cars on a bike b/c you can be just as invisible (or they can be just as blind/stupid) in a cage too. The other day I was in my altima going into SF when the car's lane next to me ended, so the driver proceeded to pull into my right side and take over MY lane. I hit the brakes but there wasn't anywhere to go b/c there was another car on my left. all 3 cars almost collided right there. i've had people on cell phones do the same thing - drive right into my lane as if i'm not even there - and this is in my big-ass four door, bright green car!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ESanders2 said:

Anyway, I'm real impressed with the Silverstars. They do cost $40 a pair, but...they produce a really nice brilliant white light (not at all yellow like most Halogens) and they are WAY brighter than the stock bulbs I had on there, I'd say around 50% brighter.
I want to get em, but I'm spending all my money preparing to total my bike so I'm holding off on getting a new headlight. I've only heard good things about Silverstars though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
you paid 40 a for a pair.

Shit I got them for 20 a pair. But it was a special. with ontop of a discount.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
one of my friends with a 954rr got a projector headlight, it looks sweet at night. I want something to that effect for headlights on a bike. Its very bright and clear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i installed a set on my truck a while back and have no regrets. :thumb: :thumb: I need to replace the bike's bulbs too b/c the blue headlights ain't that great in my opinion

·
Registered
13 Posts
Put a set in the bronco for off roading about three months back... so impressed, the honda, pontiac, and the bike are all getting a set in the next month....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts