Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not really lol but i made you look . ok heres the deal ive been riding motorcycles for the last 10 years on the street my most current one is a yamaha 750 its a old 94 model but still runs ok, however it seems to be really tached out running past 60 on the highway and a new position at my job has me commuting 40 miles mostly freeway so im looking at getting a sportbike but ive only rode one before that was a 600 i believe and it was just around the block so it really doesnt count. will the 600 cc bikes run 75 or 80 with no problem for a hour at a time or do i need to go bigger. Im a fairly big guy at six foot and 260 pounds any advice ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome! You didn't say, but is your current bike a V-twin? The 600 sportbikes will run 130 mph all day with no problems, so highway speeds are nothing for them. Most of the 600's will hit 60-70 mph in 1st gear. Mine tops out right at 65. If you're giong to commute on it, definitely consider some alternatives like the Ninja 650, the Suzukui SV650S, and the Yamaha FZ6R. If you like the standard look, there are all kinds of alternatives, especially if you're willing to buy used - Yamaha FZ6, Kawasaki Versys and ER6N, Honda CBF600, Suzuki V-Strom, etc. Any of these bikes will run circles around a 750 cruiser.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I've got an FZ6R in the stable and like it for its more upright riding position and smooth power curve. Great streetbike that is nice for longer trips while maintaining my preferred sportbike look. Thumbs up.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
I've got an FZ6R in the stable and like it for its more upright riding position and smooth power curve. Great streetbike that is nice for longer trips while maintaining my preferred sportbike look. Thumbs up.
Seen them do respectable at track days as well. I'd revalve and respring, maybe change the shock for components with more options. But overall, I've seen them go very quickly around the track. I'd rock one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys gentlemen im planning on geting one right after christmas im going to go to some dealerships monday so i can just set on some different ones to see what seems more natural to me and go from there. i watched some videos on youtube about 600 ccs wow lol them bikes will move quicker than i want to go any time soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well not really lol but i made you look . ok heres the deal ive been riding motorcycles for the last 10 years on the street my most current one is a yamaha 750 its a old 94 model but still runs ok, however it seems to be really tached out running past 60 on Car parts the highway and a new position at my job has me commuting 40 miles mostly freeway so im looking at getting a sportbike but ive only rode one before that was a 600 i believe and it was just around the block so it really doesnt count. will the 600 cc bikes run 75 or 80 with no problem for a hour at a time or do i need to go bigger. Im a fairly big guy at six foot and 260 pounds any advice ?
If you are just commuting with it I would recommend a Yamaha FZ6R but if you want a more sleek look then I would get a cbr 600rr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts