Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike was ridden in the annual classic race we have in Greece.
We rode together for 50 kms and it sounded great, this rear really looks good!
Can you guess what it is?

Aris

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is Italian, but not a Ducati or a Laverda.
It's red so there aren't many left.... (hint).
To make it easier I can tell you that some of the bodywork is missing because of a crash, and difficulty to repair it properly.

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far only Dunlop got close, although he is in doubt.
It is an MV Agusta, now who can find the model?

Aris

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got it

1970's MV Agusta 350 Sport

Sorry for taking so long to finally search for this thing. The thing that threw me off was that all the race bikes have full fairings so it was hard to tell. That and my Italian isn't the best either, I actually found info about it on a Cagiva Italian site.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanx for the additional pictures Dunlop,i was wondering what one looked like.:thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't find the info again now, but check out the technology on this thing. Disc brakes all the way around I don't understand the weird caliper location though.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dunlop said:
I can't find the info again now, but check out the technology on this thing. Disc brakes all the way around I don't understand the weird caliper location though.
Congratulations Dunlop and thanks for the pics :)
The caliper location was normal for the time. It was a subject for experiments for some time.
Until the 70s they were in front, and moved behind the forklegs later. The location affects the steering behaviour.
There was a version of the Ducati MHR that had calipers both in front and behind the forklegs!!

Aris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts