Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE - SPECIFICATION
Engine Type Liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
Capacity 675cc
Bore/Stroke 74.0 x 52.3mm
Compression Ratio 12.65:1
Fuel System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with forced air induction
Ignition Digital - inductive type - via electronic engine management system
Primary Drive Gear
Final Drive O ring chain
Clutch Wet, multi-plate
Gearbox 6-speed, close ratio
Frame Aluminium beam twin spar
Swingarm Braced, twin-sided, aluminium alloy with adjustable pivot position
Wheels Front Alloy 5-spoke, 17 x 3.5in
Rear Alloy 5-spoke, 17 x 5.5in
Tyres Front 120/70 ZR 17
Rear 180/55 ZR 17
Suspension Front 41mm USD forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping
Rear Monoshock with piggy back reservoir adjustable for preload, rebound and compression damping
Brakes Front Twin 308mm floating discs, 4 piston radial calipers with radial master cylinder
Rear Single 220mm disc, single piston caliper
Length 2010mm (79.1in)
Width (Handlebars) 673mm (26.5in)
Height 1109mm (43.7in)
Seat Height 825mm (32.5in)
Wheelbase 1392mm (54.8in)
Rake/Trail 23.5º/86.8mm
Weight (Dry) 165kg (363lbs)
Fuel Tank Capacity 17.4 litres (4.6 gal US)
Maximum Power 125PS (123bhp) at 12,500 rpm
Maximum Torque 72Nm (53ft.lbf) at 11,750 rpm
Price tbc


PERFORMANCE MEASURED AT CRANKSHAFT TO DIN 70020

The New Triumph
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
And why is this anymore drool worthy then say a 636? I'm sure its going to cost more...

They should've just went ahead and made it a 750...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Vash said:
And why is this anymore drool worthy then say a 636? I'm sure its going to cost more...

They should've just went ahead and made it a 750...
It's more drool worthy because it is a triple....if you've never heard one, you wouldn't understand....

All kidding aside...it's Triumphs first legitimate 600 class contender with competetive HP and weight....I'm really anxious to see where this comes in....reports from the British press (BIKE) say that it is at least on par with a 636/600RR if not superior....And then there's the best part, not everyone will have one like a 636 :D.....Then again...if it gets good pub...maybe they will......

Ohh yeah...the yellow looks better and the graphite color isn't too shabby either....

Do you get the feeling I may have found my next bike???

Justin
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Apps said:
It's more drool worthy because it is a triple....if you've never heard one, you wouldn't understand....

After test riding a triple (955i), I was definitely impressed. My only problem with getting a Triumph is that I've heard it can be hard to get parts, and dealers ar pretty scarce. If you're a diy-er it's probably not a big deal though. I'd love to have one, but I want to develop some mechanical skills first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
spicersh said:
I'd love to have one, but I want to develop some mechanical skills first.
Well, thats just something that shouldnt come out of the mouth of someone in your profession. And if taken out of context, one might think you were talking about a harley :D
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Vash said:
Well, thats just something that shouldnt come out of the mouth of someone in your profession. And if taken out of context, one might think you were talking about a harley :D
:laughing:

<------- Chemical Engineer, not Mechanical.

I'm not completely incompetent with the auto/bike maintenance stuff. It's more that I haven't had the practice than anything I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Enginners arent educated according to specialties, they are born. You know you kid might be one if you come home and find the entertainment thingie above the crib taken apart but not broken... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
linkinpark0726 said:
Its over the R6 is 133hp @357 lbs

-Nick
JEEZUS... at this rate whats next? At this rate the need to have a 400 class...
Seriously thats 221hp per liter....The 400 would put out 88hp, which is still pretty damn impressive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts


It annoys the sh*t out of me that bikes that don't really fit into a category are still placed there.

This bike has 675cc, yet it's being compared to 600's. The 636 is just as bad. You can't make a fair comparison between them all when there is such a big difference in the capacity. The Triumph is 12.7% larger than a GSX-R.

Also, how can Kawasaki call their latest monster ZX-14. It's only 1350cc, yet it's labelled as having 1400cc. WTF?!



End of rant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Becouse its a 600 from the economic stand point. the 636 costs as much as a 600 and performs like a 600, and insures like a 600. Since most of us dont race professionally, do we care if the bike is 40-80cc over the displacement? I sure dont.
On to the zx-14. the busa gsxr1300, is actually 1250something cc. my zx10 is not called a zx998. niether is the cbr1000, or the r1. the r6 is not the r599. the z1000 should be a z954. They round off for the sake of an more convinient name.. so whats so wrong with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Vash said:
Becouse its a 600 from the economic stand point. the 636 costs as much as a 600 and performs like a 600, and insures like a 600. Since most of us dont race professionally, do we care if the bike is 40-80cc over the displacement? I sure dont.
On to the zx-14. the busa gsxr1300, is actually 1250something cc. my zx10 is not called a zx998. niether is the cbr1000, or the r1. the r6 is not the r599. the z1000 should be a z954. They round off for the sake of an more convinient name.. so whats so wrong with that?
It frustrates me that companies compare their bikes to others that are of a lower capacity, that's all. A bike with 37cc (636) or 76cc (Triumph) more than the Suzuki is bound to have some advantages that will be exploited in advertising.

I can understand the rounding, when we're talking about a couple of cc's, but we're talking 48cc here. It's over-inflating to a large degree. The 'busa and Z1000 are just as bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
cookeetree said:


I can understand the rounding, when we're talking about a couple of cc's, but we're talking 48cc here. It's over-inflating to a large degree. The 'busa and Z1000 are just as bad.


I agree totally. :thumb:

Where will it stop?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Aus said:
I agree totally. :thumb:

Where will it stop?
You're getting caught up in the numbers...the 636 is the one exception here since it's a 4 cyclinder. The Supersport rulebook (worlds) allows 749 Ducati's to race because they are twins and need additional displacement to compete with a 4 cyclinder. The 675 Triumph is a triple and fits in nicely between the 750 twin limit and 600cc four limit. With the 749 and 675 you're not talking apples to apples when you say they aren't comparing similar bikes because the cc's are different....there's more at play than just cc's. cc's only matters when the uninformed are comparing Johnson's........

The old game a rounding to an 600 or 750 or whatever has been doen forever. The 900RR was 919cc for quite a while and my RF900 is actually 937cc. It's really alot of marketing and that's it. The economics standpoint is dictated by the class you want to be in...ie Supersport, liter class, Big Twin, entry level etc.

Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
ditto on the rounding...
niether the 636 nor the 675 is qualified for racing, so what do the CC's really matter? Maybe in some drunken argument when a gixxer owner tells you how much better his bike is couse its not cheating. But thats like the R6 guy telling you how much better his bike is becouse he's got 20 valves instead of 16. So what?
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Vash said:
ditto on the rounding...
niether the 636 nor the 675 is qualified for racing, so what do the CC's really matter? Maybe in some drunken argument when a gixxer owner tells you how much better his bike is couse its not cheating. But thats like the R6 guy telling you how much better his bike is becouse he's got 20 valves instead of 16. So what?
You just wait until I come out with my 1.21 gigawatts bike! :twofinger
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top