Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question,

I want to put a 96-99 GSX-R 7 solo tail on my 94 GSX-R 7. I like the bullet look of the SRAD. Has anybody done this, or anything like?

I would like to use stock plastics (durable) or the closest thing aftermarket ( Airtech, Sharkskinz, Cheetah, etc.). It will be for street riding, so durability is more important then weight.

Be Fast, Be Fun, Be Safe

M

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Maine Sun said:
Question,

I want to put a 96-99 GSX-R 7 solo tail on my 94 GSX-R 7. I like the bullet look of the SRAD. Has anybody done this, or anything like?

I would like to use stock plastics (durable) or the closest thing aftermarket ( Airtech, Sharkskinz, Cheetah, etc.). It will be for street riding, so durability is more important then weight.

Be Fast, Be Fun, Be Safe

M
Never done it, but with plastic...if there is a will...you can make it fit....might have to do some mods, but eventually you can get it to fit anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anything's possible

You can almost mount any race fairings to any bike given they're the same size, so if you just want to mount a race tail (solo) then that should be easy if you start with a superbike style tail (no seat cutout). If you're wanting a functioning SRAD street tail with the rear seat then you'll need the whole rear end (subframe, plastic, seat, trunk latches, etc).

I've seen pics of a 1994 with the SRAD subframe & tail so I think it was a direct bolt-on, but that bike also had the SRAD upper and lower fairings too... It was a really nice looking bike. I can't remember where I saw the bike, but like bmacd mentioned Gixxer.com would be the place to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts