Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided on an sv650s. very stoked.
but I need help deciding which one to buy, a new one or a used one...and if it's used which one..here's some ads.

2001 SUZUKI SV650S, * 650 cc * Clean Title * Never dropped or in accident * New Brakes, Oil & Battery * Includes what you see in pic with alarm and more.* CARBURATOR IS CLEAN & BIKE IS IN GOOD CONDITION * PRICE IS negotiable * PURCHASE OF THIS BIKE IS "AS-IS"
$3,999.00

2005 SUZUKI SV650S, looks & sounds great, dbl bbl windscreen, seat cowl, Huggr crbn fiber Yosh TRS pipe, new tires, great beginner bike, $5895,

2001 SUZUKI SV650S, clean tittle, full body kit, Micron high mount exhaust, PC3R, reverse gears, under 4k miles
$5,500.00

Brand new sv650s 2005, for $6250.00

advice guys?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
the grey one is 03-04, not 01. they all seem pretty pricey, pick the one you like or easy on wallet. but I'd wait for a cheaper one to come by.

·
Registered
12 Posts
always stay away from "as is deals", usually the best deals are on less traficked places such as newspaper classifieds, online classifieds, etc. ...:2cents:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
+1 on waiting. If you MUST get one now, you can probably cut down the price on any kid who's headed off to college and needs to unload his bike for tuition.

I vote used as well. Avoid bikes that have been repaited, which is a good sign its been down. Sprockets that don't have stock number of teeth are good indicators of stunting. Avoid these as well.

Ebay and local listings are great ways to find bikes. Check your local community college or university for paper pinups of bikes for sale. Talk to local bike clubs to see if any members have a line on bikes. And check SV650-specific forums for bikes up for sale. Since this is your first bike, I'd recommend against buying a bike sight-unseen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I only paid 5500 for my 03 sv650 brand new during peak season. Those all sound pretty pricy when my sv650 was totaled they paid me $4600 for it. So keep looking. there are a few for sale on www.svrider.com they can allso give you more info on them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts