Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i've been reading a lot about sport-tourers as a first street bike. of course i'd love to buy a new r6 or something, but i'd like to learn how to ride WELL first. So I've looked at the sv and the cb ....liked both of them (didn't ride them), and I'm torn between which one.
The sv is best in the class however, I'm attracted more to the Honda, but I heard it vibrates like crazy througout the entire powerband. anyone have any advise???

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I haven't heard anything about the Honda..so I can't comment..As for the SV...there's a bunch of em out there, both as street going bikes, and track / race bikes...Also Kawi has a new 650 twin out that looks promising, but they won't be avialble for awhile, from what I understand..

Best advice I can offer, is sit, and or ride the bike you like, if it feels comfy, and you like it...buy it..Although if I were you, I'd consider a used bike..that's in tip top cond...better buy..:D

Good luck in you search..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, I saw that new kawasaki in Motorcyclist. It looks pretty cool and could possibly compete with the sv. Although I'm not sure about a New bike for my first bike, I have been looking for used as well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have you looked at the Z750S. It's got a lot more power than the 600 class sport-tourers. Whether or not that's something you're looking for I don't know, but it's a fun and practical bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts