Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question guys ( and gals ). My SV seems to be "nervous" any time it's leaned over. The bike just r-e-a-l-l-y wants to drop into a turn and any time I lean it over the bars just want to turn into the turn very quickly. Is this normal? I believe that the bike will stick, but it sure as hell doesn't convey any confidence in the front end to me, it's somewhat scary. It's like the front end is all loosey goosey.

I have other bikes and none of them have this trait. ( CBR, FZR ) It seems to be getting worse over time, or is it just my imagination? Would the steering head being loose cause something like this? The forks are in their stock position within the tripple clamps, and there is no damper on the bike as of yet. Also, I'm concerned about peace in the Middle East. I want to take it to the track this weekend but I'm a bit nervous. Anybody, anybody, anybody?

-quikie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dunlop

Nope, swaped them out to the same size D207 ZR's

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quikie said:
I have a question guys ( and gals ). My SV seems to be "nervous" any time it's leaned over. The bike just r-e-a-l-l-y wants to drop into a turn and any time I lean it over the bars just want to turn into the turn very quickly. Is this normal? I believe that the bike will stick, but it sure as hell doesn't convey any confidence in the front end to me, it's somewhat scary. It's like the front end is all loosey goosey.

I have other bikes and none of them have this trait. ( CBR, FZR ) It seems to be getting worse over time, or is it just my imagination? Would the steering head being loose cause something like this? The forks are in their stock position within the tripple clamps, and there is no damper on the bike as of yet. Also, I'm concerned about peace in the Middle East. I want to take it to the track this weekend but I'm a bit nervous. Anybody, anybody, anybody?

-quikie
I'm no expert on SV's like wayno, but yes, a loose steering head could cause these symptoms.

Oh yeah, try to not grip the bars so tight ... relax! :D :D ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts