Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://geocities.com/svperformance/

I was cruising the www.SVrider.com classifieds and found this site. It's pretty cool looking stuff, and extremely reasonably priced!

Robert, he's got the solution to Theresa's "I don't like how an SV looks problem!" ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I bought my race tail from this guy. Came in a box with ZERO packing! It had crappy thin gelcoat that was chipped all over, took much bondo and cursing to get a decent finish on it. Also, just last week bought some parts from a guy near Cincinnati who told me he has had negative experience dealing with Mr. Garvin as well.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You brought it up, I thought I'd follow up on your story since it could have turned out that he refused to allow you to return it. I thought there might be more than just "I bought stuff from him and it sucked." :eek:

As soon as the bodywork gets painted, I'll let you know. It's beautiful so far.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
elo said:
You brought it up, I thought I'd follow up on your story since it could have turned out that he refused to allow you to return it. I thought there might be more than just "I bought stuff from him and it sucked." :eek:
As soon as the bodywork gets painted, I'll let you know. It's beautiful so far.
Sorry, I was in an extremely bad mood last night. "I bought stuff from him and it sucked" was pretty much it. It wasn't worth it to me to send it back and wait for another one. I just applied several layers of Bondo and spray painted it. The tail was about $60 cheaper than Sharkskinz, but only about $35 less than Multi Tech.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Multi Tech bodywork is good. It's noticably thinner than Sharkskinz, if they are the apex of the bodywork available to us, but nothing to worry about. We've had to do a little bit of cutting to get the tail section to fit, but nothing major. The finish is fine, go over it once with some light sandpaper and it's ready to paint. It's nice looking stuff, well worth the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts