Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have or have knowledge of the SV650S I am starting the process of looking for a new bike to return to motorcycles and came across this model in Sport Rider. It seems like a really good buy for the specs and I am interested in any feedback. Also whats a good insurance company to go with? That will be a big factor in my new bike purchase I love the GSXR600's but refuse to pay too much insurance.

thanks dan

P

·
0 Posts
Tristan said:
The SV and SV-S are the best deals going in motorcycling right now. You can't beat it with a stick! Well, you could, but then it would look like a Katana :)
I damn near fell out of my chair when I saw that Tristan had actually used a smilie!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Tristan used a smiley!! Oh shit, what's the world coming to? :rolleyes::D:p

The SV is a blast to ride. The SV650S has different steering head geometry and clip-ons as compared to the SV650. It should be even more of a blast. It is IMO(and the Magazines'), the best blast for the buck out there. :cool:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
" Well, you could, but then it would look like a Katana "
I wouldn't pay too much attention to Tristan,he's just real jealous he doesn't have a Katana!!!!!:p
The SV is really getting raves and is a good deal!!The latest issue of Motorcyclist has a nice small blurb on 'em.

Jim

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tristan - OUCHHHHH! My poor Kat! :D

The SV is one of the best deal's out there. Personally, I'm not crazy about the "naked bike look" That means no fairings, just in case you didn't know. But, naked translates to no body work to get smashed and replaced. You could put some frame sliders on an SV650, and probably crash all day w/o hurting anything. Also, unfaired bikes are waaaaaaay cheaper to insure. The insurance companies know that my Katana's fairing are $600 apiece. That's why they bend me over every month. :eek:uch:

Anyway, the SV rates tops in fit, finish, engine, handling and all that jazz. Thumbs up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts