Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after selling the Busa and taking delivery of the Superglide soon....I am getting a second bike, another SportBike.

But, being a natural cruiser guy, i find the controls and riding position of bikes like the GSXR-1000 and R1's a bit too agressive..so after looking around I decided to stay true to the V-Twins...
So anybody have any opinions on these two bikes as in a head to head comparison?

Which one is more worth the money?
Better riding characteristics?
Handling?
Power/Speed?

thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the sv a lot but it does have very sportbike like seating. Have you sat on one? Might make your decision easier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Suzuki Sv1000s vs. Honda SuperHawk 996

cookeetree said:
Aren't you a new rider???

Neither of these bikes is for you. :2cents:
Well, A new Sportbike rider sure.

Although i only put about 600 miles on it, I managed not to do anything painful on the Hayabusa until I sold it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
How about RC51 SP2, too aggressive? If I were looking for twins, I'd look that up or bit more expensive Ducati 748/749 or 900/1000 DS. If you're going for sport touring, Ducati 900/1000 DS are pretty decent from what I read.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2003 Superhawk and I love it. I also wanted a sportbike and a daily rider since it is my transportation to and from work. I rode an SV prior to buying my bike and I didn't like it. The Superhawk has plenty of power, especially for a newer rider (such as myself). Parts can be a little tough to find, but they are out there. If you have any more questions about the Superhawk I would be happy to answer them for you. As I am sure you can tell I am very happy with my bike and plan to keep it for a while and just add to the collection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts