Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
crammer1977 said:
is the bike in the top left their new 500?
New here but been around in Europe for awhile. As far as cloning......I guess all the other bike makers do not have similar or same looking bikes in different sizes. If the setup and aerodynamics work well....why not use them.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
duessel said:
Wow, good observation. Who didn't know that you would chime in with something like that.
:rolleyes:
Wow, good observation. Who didn't know that you would chime in with something like that, too!

·
Registered
518 Posts
At least they kept the same old graphics:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
Wow, good observation. Who didn't know that you would chime in with something like that, too!
Damn, your post confused me at first. You Dick!

On the topic, I am starting to like the new style. It has taken some time to get used to that, but it does look sweet.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
duessel said:
Damn, your post confused me at first. You Dick!

On the topic, I am starting to like the new style. It has taken some time to get used to that, but it does look sweet.
I still am not to hyped about it and you know I am diehard Suzuki fan....I guess it something I will get use to ...... kind of like we will all need to get use to undertail exhaust.....looks like it is the rage that keeps on expanding to other manufacturer's.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
They will all start looking the same due to being designed in a windtunnel and production methods similar to keep the cost down. They don't call them "cookie cutter" bikes for nothing. I do think useing the same played graphics year after year is old news and I for one can't tell the gixxers apart except the new 1k cause of the headlight.

·
Registered
473 Posts
they look sweet. the color choices suck other than the standard blue/white. I do like the darker blue they're using.

hmmm.... 750 in the spring.... hmmm....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
GS 500F

I'm surprised (disappointed) that with the new Suzuki/Kawasaki manufacturing alliance that Suzuki didn't use the Ninja 500 engine for their GS 500F. 39 rear wheel horsepower from that old Suzuki air-cooled lump isn't much power to push around a 400+ lb. bike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: GS 500F

zxrider said:
I'm surprised (disappointed) that with the new Suzuki/Kawasaki manufacturing alliance
I'm dissappointed just in the fact they made the new gs that ugly... all of them for that matter. the reactions last year when the 1K was revealed were not exactly positive, so im a little lost at why they would make their whole line look the same way.

however i am glad to see there is another choice on the market again for entry level riders.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no more TL

on a side note, i noticed there is no longer a TL1000 on the line-up, but there was a pop-up teaser window for the 04 SV line.. perhaps an SV1000R is in the works? :drool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I like the bikes, but the graphics are becomeing old. Chad's all silver 03 1k is sweet. Pat's 600 looks good too. The blue and white is so common anymore that I really wish they would dump it from thier line-up. The first years yellow,black, gray and carbon looking color scheme has been the best so far foe me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
All you guys bitchin about the colors once your on it moving nothing can see what color it is any ways unless your on another suzuki . All the other bikes are always behind smelling the exhaust. It is nice to have all 3 sizes using the same parts it makes it 1,000 times easier to get parts unlike other companys like Honda that change there bikes every year and you cant find any parts for the junk. I hope suzuki makes all there bikes look the same and then they can put all the time in the motors. Soon the GSXR 600 will be beating everyones 1000. I heard honda was changing all there bikes from red to pink next year. Did you hear that to push??:D :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
gsxrking said:
other companys like Honda that change there bikes every year and you cant find any parts for the junk.
This statement makes no sense. Don't try to act like you know bikes man. Honda's CBR 900RR did not change for 7 years. Only plastic changed. The same with the CBR 600's for the F2/F3.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts