Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
suzuki gsxr vs honda cbr, anyone know why one would chose one over the other, they are both 600's, and both 1995. and i have heard great things about both of them, what do you think?;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The CBR is a little more rider friendly and lower maintanence then the GSXR. However the suzuki is more comfortable for bigger riders and more sporty feeling. I have a 97 CBR 600 and I swear by it being one of the best learner bikes I've ever ridden. But thats just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
cityaaron said:
suzuki gsxr vs honda cbr, anyone know why one would chose one over the other, they are both 600's, and both 1995. and i have heard great things about both of them, what do you think?;)
i think someone is yanking your chain.

the gsxr600 was made from 92-3 and 97-up.

the 95 gsx600 is the katana 600.

i think you should probably tell us what you wanna do with them.

if it's everything, both bikes are good at it (assuming you're talking about a katana). but the cbr's lower weight, i think, gives it an advantage to learn on.

neither is a great starter bike.

·
Registered
429 Posts
shit, i didnt know that about suzuki not making the gsxr-6 during those years, i had to go to bikez.com and look for myself and from what i saw you are correct, it would have to be a gsx-katana.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
sly10man said:
shit, i didnt know that about suzuki not making the gsxr-6 during those years, i had to go to bikez.com and look for myself and from what i saw you are correct, it would have to be a gsx-katana.
Never , never , second guess Tony...lol:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
for a 1995 i would say honda

Maybe its just me, but I think honda was about 3 years ahead of their game until about 98-99
now everyones pretty much even

Even today I think that some of the older cbr's look good... you will never hear me say that about a 95 cowasuckee or yammerhammer etc.

plus... honda reliability nuff said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts