Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make a decision between these two bikes. I am leaning towards the honda. But the suzuki is easier on the wallet. Both bikes are 2005's. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have sat on both bikes. I like the riding position a little better on the Honda, but the suzuki's seat is way more comfy. Does anyone have any info on the suspension and braking for these two bikes? I've heard that the suzuki has better braking, but the Honda is a smoother ride. btw, this bike will be my primary mode of transportaion, so with that in mind, anyone have an opinion on which one is a better street bike?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haveing owned both Honda cbr 600 and a 750 gsxr, I would have to say that the Honda is more comfortable. I am 6' and it seemed to me that my legs were too high on the gsxr. I cant honestly say anything about the year that your looking at. The bikes that I owned were a 94 and a 95. I currently own a 98 900rr and I feel that is real comfortable. I would have to say that the most comfy bike I have ridden was a friends 2003 zx9r. I even considered buying this off of him but I am in the process of fixing up my totalled out 98.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in the process of making this same decision.
Why is Honda charging so much for their bikes now? I also am leaning toward the RR due to having sat on both bikes and liking the honda's position better. I have never ridden either however and that makes my decision that much harder.

decisions....decisions....

·
Registered
9 Posts
i know that it is 50/50 but i bought a gsxr 600, one cause it was about $800 less off the wallet. two i like the bike alot better it rides really smooth and the seat is more comfortable then the honda after a hour or so ride. i am just here to give you my opinion and make your decision that much harder. have fun and make the rght choice. GSXR all the way! :thumbs2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Honda reliability is awsome but they don't make the best seats. I hated the saddle on my 04' RR. That being said I'd still buy the Honda over the gixxer if they are 05's. Now 06's I'd probably go with the Gixxer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently own an '06 600RR (same as '05) and a 2006 GSXR-1000. I know, I went crazy this year...

I ride the 600RR to work every day in Southern CA highway traffic. The 1000 surges more when you go over highway bumps due to fast response to jerking throttle hand. I changed the seat to a Corbin, which completely did away with long distance pain. The 600RR has good midrange for a 600, which is really important when you're in traffic. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im a Suzuki man, but the '06 Honda's are on sale right now for just $7800 for the 600, $9700 for the 1000. If money is the main decision then it would be with the Honda.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Before I made my decision to buy my '06 CBR600, I also spent a lot of time in my local Suzuki dealership sitting on the gixxer/getting a feel for the bike. After checking both bikes out and doing a lot of online research, I shelled out the extra $900 and went with the CBR. I don't regret my decision at all, I love the riding position of the CBR much better than I did the gixxer, and although everyone complains that Honda makes a very uncomfortable saddle (hard saddle) - it is a relatively easy fix. Also, just like all Honda vehicles, the reliability is top notch.:2cents:

·
Registered
233 Posts
707_Vicious said:
I am trying to make a decision between these two bikes. I am leaning towards the honda. But the suzuki is easier on the wallet. Both bikes are 2005's. What do you guys think?
I think to hell with both of the pieces of crap, go with the new R6!:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
GSXR is the only way to ride...

In my opinion i think that the GSXR's are great. Ive owned a 04 last season and I just bought an 06 600 on the 19th. Absolutely love them. The 04 has never done me wrong. Havnt been able to ride the 06 yet. But hopefully that will change tomorrow =), Good luck on your tough decision.

BTW if you want my opinion about why its so exp, Its because they remodeled it from the ground up. If you are interested in getting the biggest bang for your buck, I was told by the dealer that the new R6's come fully loaded with racing parts. So if you wanted you could jump on the circuit after you bought it. And there the same price as the Honda's.

I still chose the GSXR600, but thats me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey i am looking at buying two different bikes from 2003 a gsxr 600 and a honda 600rr what are some of the pros and cons of both bikes
thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts