Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Surgery Sucks!

Scheduled for surgery today to put humpty dumpty back together again!!! Apparently it CAN be done with some bolts, screws and titanium plates!!!

-Dave

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
just seen this... hope things went well for you..

E.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Damn Dave I guess you don't half azz anything either. Good luck with it. You have all winter to get well. Maybe the redline guys can come over and shovel your snow for ya this winter. After all you are a founder :thumb:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey everybody; i'm thru it.......smacked out on perkacets rite now, so bear with my grammatical issues LOL. i cant move my right arm literally....my figers can move but my arm WONT MOVE! it's very creepy; it's paralyzed.......they did a 'nerve block' . they stuck a

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey everyone. thanks for the replys, and thanks to my roomate kim for posting this thread (she signed on as me)
...bear with my grammatical errors; i only have 1 arm and i am smashed on perkacets rite now.
the break was much worse than thouht; pretty much shattered; bizare since i worked all week with not much pain at all; i dont get it.

they did a 'nerve block' where they STICK AN F'N NEEDLE IN YOUR NECK - and send an electric charge until your fingers jump around -CREEPY- then they deaden the nerve for 18 hours....or so they said. Then i got knocked out. i guess they had to asperate me because i wasnt breathing well on my own, so my throat is pretty irritated from the tube. After surgery, i woke up in what felt like 5 minutes, but it was actually 3hours, with titanium plates in my body, and my whole right side completly numb and paralyzed WEIRD. unfortunately the block is wearing off already from the top down and the pain is kickin in tuff. i can move my fingers a little, but my thumb and arm are still paralyzed. It is the weirdest feeling ever when you are tryin to move a limb and it doesnt respond, trust me on that.
i am at my folks house now, but plan on going home 2morrow (sat).
I'd be lying if i said i wont be upset that i wont be riding with you guys on those indian summer days that i know are going to happen soon. I would also be lying if i told u i wont be riding at all
because as soon as the pain goes away and i can use the arm, im sure i'll be riding to the corner store and short stuff like that. it's in my blood man; i gotta ride.

i gotta go now; noddin off at the keyboard; perkacets kickin my ass........

PARTY AT MY HOUSE SOON; WANT TO SEE THE REDLINE CREW THERE FOR CARDS, BONFIRE, AND WHATEVER ! details later, but probably the weeklend of november 3rd

SEE YALL SOON

-Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey Dave, sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad your surgury went well. Hope to see you out & about soon. Take care dude.

Jim

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HOSEA-4-v6 said:

You have all winter to re-build muscle,bone,nerves & tendons...
you could do that with small dumbells in front of the T.V............
I'll be starting a rigorous training program this evening, starting with 12, 16 and 22 ounce curls............

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts