Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic for items related to game 'Superbike2000' by EA Sports.

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E
1 issue prophalactecs, 2 pairs nylon stockins and 1 combination miniature russian phrase-book & bible. (Coming soon! '87 YSR50/250)

K

·
0 Posts
Fun game. If you're retarded or just plain suck at games you can totally dumb this game down the PC will drive it for you. Good graphics and of course it rules because its an EA Sports game. Very small bin/cue so no 4 hour download times, major bonus

------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been thoroughly challenged by this game, but i always jump into these sims with everything on full. I have started dumbing it down though, since i was hard pressed to make one or two laps without crashing or at least running off the track and limping back through the grass. Regardless, this game just plain ROCKS. The bike physics and effects are just too cool. Definately takes skill at full realism, but remains entertaining enough to keep trying and trying. I think its easier to race real bikes though. (hehe)

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E
1 issue prophalactecs, 2 pairs nylon stockins and 1 combination miniature russian phrase-book & bible. (Coming soon! '87 YSR50/250)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thumbs down to Superbike 2000 for the Playstation. Graphics too blocky,loading time sucks. I wish I'd got the PC version instead. I have Superbike World Championship and I like it the best (but I still backflip the bike trying to wheelie). I have Castrol SBK also but haven't played it in a while. Its OK. But when I'm p*ssed about things(ie bad drivers, some of the dipsh*ts wanna-be racer-boy punks get on my nerve) I turn on the Playstation for Road Rash 3-D. Oh so much fun fighting on a bike :D !

------------------
Rob
97 YZF750R
93 CBR F2 (race)
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try it for the PC, i bet you will be very pleasantly surprised.

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

[This message has been edited by KidZX6E (edited April 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
granted wheelies are a bit too easy on the new game but why did they do away with the stoppies? used to love those at 160 mph.
anyway anyone wanna race sometime?

------------------
WHAT'S GREEN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD?
GRASS, A TREE OR A KAWI :)
PASCAL, '99 R1 BLUE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Squally, i am leaving work sometime early this afternoon, ill be home a bit after that and log online. That way i can womp yer sorry ass in Superbike2000! (ok, well, its nice to THINK i can....) ill log into SBW chat if you want to meet up there. You ever down on Mill? I dont think we've met..

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BEST SETTINGS FOR Superbike2000 (????)

Here are the best settings *I* have found for the game, call me a wimp, but the bikes just have NO engine braking and very little if any low speed control. so here is what I have come up with for the "Rider Settings" configuration:

Difficulty=2
Acelleration Help=Off
Braking Help=Off
Extra Braking=100%
Auto Brake=Off
Auto Rider Movement=On
Rider Assist=Off
Automatic Transmission=Off

If anyone feels they have more realistic-vs-aggravating settings feel free to post 'em. These are the settings i feel represent the best compromise between insanely impossible lack of realistic bike control and overly simple automated settings. I think they make up for the much too difficult aspects of the game, like how to take a simple little corner at 35mph without crashing. (!!!)

I recommend only THESE settings as important, all others (graphics, visual effects, bike setup, etc, i feel should and can be up to you. I am running auto bike setup and auto tire selection right now, as i dont wanna bother with it. But it could be fun to mess with them and i feel it is fine for us to be able do modify THOSE settings without being mismatched. I HIGHLY recommend having the program auto detect and set the graphics settings for you, as a slow frame rate REALLY destroys the game and would unfairly handicap you in a race.

------------------
Mike Lachance
"Gentlemen! This is the War Room, you cant fight in HERE!"
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E
'87 YSR50/250 (Coming soon!)

K

·
0 Posts
Do you use a steering wheel and if so do you find it to be incredibly insensitive?

------------------
Kyle S.
Got Milk?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont use a Steering Wheel , i got a CH Flightstick Pro, but women seem to find me incredibally insensitive. Does that count?

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BRAGGING RIGHTS???? (nahh)
Superbike2000
Donnington, England
Rider: ME
Weather: Rain
Best Lap: 36.xx seconds
Qualifying Position: POLE

Race Results:
Weather: pt cloudy (no rain)
Race 1: 25th of 25 (last)
Race 2: 25th of 25 (last)

Ah well, i may be good at qualifying but i suck at racing. But man it was quite a rush off the starting line. Kinda reminded me of the squid-squad from Mill Ave in Tempe, AZ! (thats scary)

Realism settings were as i previously noted in earlier post.

Im sure someone can do better than me, try it out, use same settings at donnington in the rain for qualifying and let me know if you feel these settings are good.

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

K

·
0 Posts
I hear you mano. I set track records and qualify first, take pole position and then when I race, I wipe out. Whats worse is if you go down in the CPU's line, the AI won't avoid you or your bike and crash into you. Getting back on your bike can take as long as 40 seconds if you're at the front of the pack and have to wait for 25 riders to fall on you :)

------------------
Kyle S.
Got Milk?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the first race, i was hangin on to 5th place or so, and in the second turn one of the "Doo-Katties" (as the ever-so "British" announcer in the game says) just plowed into me, sending me for a 120mph flight through the air. By the time i got back to my bike the pack was gone.

Second race, a similar thing happened, but, lucky for me about 10 bikes piled up into the wreckage and my bike was not in the pile. i managed to get back into the race, but had a few low sides and only managed to finsh last again. But you gotta know it was ALOT of fun! I have CPU opponent skill at "3" 'Pro'.

Can you do some laps/races at some tracks and let me know your times and what settings you use (USE MINE, hehe) so i can get a feel for how well other people are doing with the game!

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

[This message has been edited by KidZX6E (edited April 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i was going to buy this for play station, but after reading here, it's looking like pc. quick q, anyone ever play these on a laptop pc? look okay?

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black--coming!!!
88 FZR400-krylon black
F2 is outta here!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EEEEKS, i cringe at laptops, but i guess they are better than they used to. Unless you have a hardware accelerated laptop though, i would not count on the playability being as good. (But who knows).

Someone said the games sucks on PS so id say go for the PC version.

Once you get the "feel" and adjust the game settings to a TRUE realistic setting the game is a blast. (see the settings post i wrote earlier, as the game's version of "real" is racing in Zero-G with grease covered tires...)

Hope you get it soon as there are a few of us who are dyin to go racing in multiplayer mode!

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I dl'd the demo over the weekend and decided I had to have this, so I picked it up on the way home from work tonight. What a freakin blast. I got an awesome replay of me being launched about 50 ft into the air when a Kawi ran into the back of me!....
What a blast.

I'm up for a little internet racing whenever anyone else is!

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://www.geocities.com/azsportbike
99ZX-6e

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNinja:
I got an awesome replay of me being launched about 50 ft into the air when a Kawi ran into the back of me!....
What a blast.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was me bro, get the hell out of my way! :)

P.S. I wish I had a better video card so I could play with ya'll. :(

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green,
but it sure is fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Will, its a plan. Ill drop into SBW chat when i get home, (around 6pm) anyone else interested, feel free to do the same! But ya gotta try Donnington, that track rocks.

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

[This message has been edited by KidZX6E (edited April 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just save your pennies and go buy the thing. Its worth it, and ya gotta give the developers SOME reward for making such a cool game.

------------------
Mike Lachance
'95 ZX-6E
'91 600R
'81 GS750E

1 - 20 of 38 Posts