Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is a special made by a famous European tuner and chassis builder.
It was really fast for the time, as you can see it's fully equiped with go fast goodies.
Can you find what it is, and who build it?

Aris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Egli?

I think it's a Kawasaki powered Egli. Obviously with a turbo kit thrown on. Couldn't tell you the exact model/year though.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Egli?

zxrider said:
I think it's a Kawasaki powered Egli. Obviously with a turbo kit thrown on. Couldn't tell you the exact model/year though.
zxrider you got it right! Congratulations :cool:
It's a Kawasaki Z1000 powered Egli special with Turbo and NOs.
No Egli was exactly the same as another one, but this one must have been extremely fast using the magic nitrous button in conjuction with the Turbo.
It was made around 1980 but can't be surer 100% sure.

Here is the original picture of the bike:

Aris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Funny Egli story

The only reason I identified the bike is because back in the early 80's, I lived overseas and the Euro-bike mags all had Egli's and other specials featured in them. A friend of my dad's gave me an old 2-stoke, 4-speed, 50cc bike he had collecting dust in his basement. Me and a buddy spent a weekend painting the bike in Egli colors- black engine, red bodywork, and gold wheels- based on pictures from a magazine. Did it all with spray-paint from the hardware store! Yikes, in hindsight, that bike must've looked awful! But hey, it was cool to a 15 year old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts