Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, Im only 17 right now but I will be getting a small bike this summer when I turn 18. :thumbs2: (Maybe 250r, or something like that I don't really know) My dad will show me how to ride one seeing as he had a few sportbikes back in the day.

Anyways I wanted to join for the information that can become useful, and I cant stop thinking about sportbikes! So hopefully this site can give me my fix whenever I need it.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

I would suggest the MSF course despite your dad's assistance. It has been often said that learning from a formalized course ensures that you're not using bad habits. In you case, you'd learn them from him, possibly. I took the MSF courses three times and always seemed to have something else to correct. Now I use track schools to advise on skill improvements.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
It varies really widely. Take about 5 minutes, Google Motorcycle Safety Foundation and you'll be able to track down a contact for the local course. Call them and get the rate. Further, I would suggest talking your dad into joining you for the course, it would be a great shared experience. The course provides the bikes so neither of you need to have one, plus in the vast majority of states if you pass the final test in the MSF you don't have to do at least one part of the Dept of Motor Vehicle test to get your Motorcycle-class endorsement.

MSF FTW! :cool:

I can't believe I just used "FTW" :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts